Chapter 7

The next morning Sal entered Meranda's cave, "Rise and shine. We have places to go girlfriend."

Meranda came out of the bathroom fully dressed with her hair braided and looked fresh as the mornings catch. "Good morning Sal. How are you this morning? "

"Well, I see you are anxious to start the day."

"I am. Did Pete get the clearance?" Meranda was trying not to get her hopes up.

"Yes, and I am happy to report we will be leaving within the hour. So, eat some breakfast and report to the commons area. Oh, I almost forgot, here is your wet suit and some grease. Nothing goes on under the suit except the fish grease. You need to apply it from you neck to ankles before you put on the suit. This will provide a layer of fat to help insulate you and aid in getting into the wet suit." Sal had returned to her matter of fact huntress self.

"Thank you." Meranda took the wet suit from her friend looking at it suspiciously.

"In an hour then," Sal turned to leave as she had a lot to do to secure a safe outing. Sal was happy for Meranda, it would be good for her to get out and exercise both her mind and body. It can mess with your endorphins being in a cave with low light, especially for humans who seem to need more sunlight than the aquatic species.

Meranda headed back to the bathroom to get ready. She held up the wet suit wondering if they gave her the wrong size; it looked child size. She had heard the suits had to be snug, but she had personally never worn one. Once in the bathroom Meranda removed her clothes and began to spread the fish grease on her legs. It didn't smell bad; actually it didn't have any odor at all, which surprised her. She held the suit up again shaking her head at the size of it and stepped into the right leg first as the tight material encased her ankle. It was way worse than stretching a pair of nylons fresh out of the package to ten times their original size.

Meranda continued to squirm and grunt, tugging and stretching the very small suit over what she thought to be a normal body size. It didn't help that her shoulder was still stiff and she didn't have complete use of it yet. She was able to grease all of her but her back.

After contemplating the problem she pulled the top half of the suit around to her side and smeared extra grease on inside of the suit before pulling it the rest of the way up. Meranda had the suit almost up to her shoulders when she was startled by a knock on the door.

"Meranda are you okay in there." Pete asked concerned from all the noises that were coming from the bathroom.

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm not sure Sal gave me the right size," Meranda replied out of breathe.

"Does it feel like it is going to crush you?"

"Yes."

"Then it's the right size. Do you need help?" Pete offered.

"No!" Meranda was horrified that he would even think of such a thing.

"No, I didn't mean me; I would get Sal to help you?" Pete smirked at the thought though.

"I will manage." Meranda snapped.

"Okay, I will see you out in the commons then." Pete headed toward the exit still grinning ear to ear.

Meranda continued to force the suit to conform to her body. She stretched it onto her stiff shoulder and slipped it the rest of the way on. The suit became her second skin snapping into place and allowing her to finally get it zipped. She stood back to look at her accomplishment and realized that she looked naked except with different colored skin.