『Chapter One』

As the charter bus skidded to a stop in front of the Prince Hotel entrance, I felt a knot form in my stomach. I never thought I would return here. So many memories I wanted to forget were dug into the heart of the sinful city of Ikebukuro. Everywhere I went after I got off that charter bus, embarrassing and terrible moments came back to me and made me want to vomit.

There was one place where I would feel safe... sort of. It was with Erika and Walker, my two best friends that I had missed terribly after all those stressful years in America. It was so easy to spot them, having the fact that they carried a life-size figure of a different game/anime character every day. Not strange at all. "(Y/N)!!!" Erika and Walker said in unison. "What are you doing here?!" "I moved back." I said, feeling my eyes get misty. "I can't stand America. Especially their food." Erika laughed.

"Of course, you probably missed Simon's Russian Sushi." "I actually did," I laughed. "His sushi is probably better than any I tasted in that depressing place." "How long has it been?" Walker said. "Eight years? Nine?" "Yea that seems about right. Since the last day of middle school is all I remember." "Ha-ha." Erika laughed. "I remember that day so well. You came to us crying telling us you embarrassed yourself in front of Shi--" "Shut up, Erika." I said, feeling my cheeks go red. "Oh, speak of the devil. There he is." Walker said, pointing over my shoulder. "Where?" I spun around but I found no one that looked like the man I loved.

Erika and Walker were laughing so hard, they might have laughed to their deaths. "I can't believe you fell for that!" They kept on saying, spilling tears of joy. I had no choice but to laugh with them. "What's all this noise?" A man's voice boomed. I looked over and saw a man with a green jumpsuit and a beanie which hid his eyebrows. "Oh hey, Dotachin!" Erika said cheerfully. She put her arm over my shoulder. "This person right here is our middle school buddy. Her name is (Y/N)." "Nice to meet you." Dotachin said. "My real name." He said, glaring at Walker and Erika, "is Kyouhei Kadota. And this guy right here." He motioned his thumb at a man with shoulder-length hair. "is Saburo Togusa." "Nice to meet you, too." I said with a smile. "So what about some Russian Sushi?" Walker exclaimed with glee. "Sure, why not." Kyouhei said. "I'm starving."

As we walked to Russian Sushi, I explained to them my years in America. I explained to them how most of the teens there were stereotypical and gullible. I told them that the education there is really not that different from the educational system in Japan. The only difference is that America doesn't have wasabi, and school uniforms were rare in America. "I guess you're happy you're home," Erika said. "'Happy' doesn't even describe the feelings I'm currently going through." I replied. "Ooo, what kind of feelings? Like... love?" Walker elbowed me, raising his eyebrows.

He knew that I knew exactly what he was talking about. I glared at him, feeling my face burn. "No." I said. "Just... butterflies." "(Y/N)!" A voice of a foreign man boomed. It was Simon, holding up brochures of Russian Sushi. "You're back!" "Hi, Simon!" I said, happily. "I missed you." "Oh, don't miss me. Miss sushi. Sushi good." He said with his cheerful smile. "Well, that's why we're here, buddy," Saburo said, obviously only interested in eating food. "Welcome, welcome. We like serving sushi. Sushi good!" Simon continued.

As we entered, the smell of frozen fish made me relax. This restaurant was practically my home, having the fact that I hung out with Walker and Erika there most of my middle school life. Everything was great. Everything was good. I scanned the room, the bar perfectly the way I remembered it, especially the bartender with bleach blonde hair smoking a cigarette. 'Wait, what?'

I froze in my tracks. Something in my mind told me to turn and run, but I couldn't just leave my friends. "What's wrong?" Erika asked. Walker smirked. "I know what's wrong." He said as he glanced at the bartender sitting down as if he had a stressful day. "Ooohh." Erika mused. "I see." "Hey, it's Shizuo." Kyouhei said. "Hey, Shizuo!"

Erika and Walker were laughing or were trying to not laugh. "Dotachin you're the best." Walker said through his effort of trying not to laugh too much. Shizuo Heiwajima turned, his brown eyes piercing through every one of us. "Hey." his deep voice replied. "Talk about a man of few words," Saburo said. "Can we eat now?" Kyouhei seemed to ignore him. "Hey wanna join us? You seem a bit lonely there."

Shizuo was silent for a while, then replied. "Sure why not." He got up lazily, not noticing me thankfully. Erika and Walker were smirking so much, it was getting creepy. Stop smirking, I said through my glare. We all walked over to the private rooms since it was a "special occasion" according to Walker. I was starting to hate Walker and Erika, in a sibling sort of way. When we sat down, my heart was pounding so hard I was afraid that the person beside me would hear it. Sadly, the person sitting beside me was Shizuo.

Erika and Walker were really dying of laughter now. Embarrassing and unforgettable moments washed my brain, leaving my head spinning. All the noise in the room: Erika and Walker laughing, Saburo and Kyouhei talking, and a sequence of silverware and plates hitting against each other made my head hurt. My face began to burn again, but this time it was because I was having a nervous breakdown. My head began to spin even more than it already was and everything faded to black.

 My head began to spin even more than it already was and everything faded to black