『Chapter Two』

[Flashback]

"(Y/N)!" Erika's voice called through the crowd. I turned, seeing her dark brown hair through happy students with their parents. "Are you gonna tell him?" "Maybe." I said. My cheeks went red. "Well, better do it quickly because this is your last day. No more chances. No more--" "I get it, Erika, you've said this bedtime story plenty of times. I'll go and look for him." Erika's face brightened. "Good luck!" she called as I left the noisy gym. The middle school graduation ceremony had just ended, having parents chatting and students saying their last good-byes before high school.

I reached the two cherry blossom trees that were blooming splendidly. I was glad for a second, thankful that he wasn't there. Then the string of hope was cut. I saw him. Shizuo Heiwajima, his brown hair caught in the wind as he leaned against one of the cherry blossom trees as if he were waiting for someone-perhaps his parents. Okay, I thought to myself. You can do this. Just say hi in the best way you can... "Hey." Shizuo suddenly said, noticing me. I flinched, hoping my face wasn't red. "Hi." I said nervously. "Your parents not leaving yet, huh?" he said. "Yeah." I said. "Your's too?" He laughed softly. "Yeah, talking to parents and shit." I smiled.

I really liked him. I didn't want to tell him I loved him since I knew I was too young to feel love. "So..." Shizuo tried to break the awkwardness. "What are you doing this summer? Going somewhere?" Damn it, I thought. He had to bring summer vacation up. "I'm going to America." I replied, my voice cracking. "Cool, I've always wanted to go there." I felt my eyes get misty, my vision blurring. I turned my back on Shizuo. "Well, I'd better go." I said trying to sound happy. "See you... later." Tears ran down my face.

I was an idiot. I wasn't going to see him ever again so mind as well confesses my love, right? But I didn't. Coward. After I walked a few meters, Shizuo said. "You're not coming back from America." I stopped in my tracks, sobbing now. How did he find out? "Not for high school, no." I managed between sobs. 'Just do it, (Y/N).' I told myself. Just tell him already. I turned around, showing my red tear-stricken face to Shizuo. "Shizuo, I really like you."

[Flashback End]

I woke up looking at the face of Shinra. He hadn't changed a bit, except he got a new pair of glasses. "And the sleeping beauty is awake!" Shinra said happily. "Shinra." I said. "Where the hell am I?" "At my place, of course." "How did I get here? Where's Erika and Walker?" "They left to some manga artist autograph-thing. They said they'll only care if you're dead. Pretty heartless friends you got there." 'That sounds exactly like something they would say.' "Who's idea was it to bring me here? I mean, Erika and Walker aren't that well of friends with you." "Shizuo's. He's here, too! He's eating though since his lunch was interrupted by... you're a breakdown, I guess you can call it that."

Blood rose to my cheeks with the sound of his name. I should have been over him by now. "You should thank him, though." Shinra said seriously. "Erika and Walker told me he was a little worried and that he was the one that suggested to send you to me. He even carried you from the van to my apartment." I didn't want to believe him. After hanging out with Erika and Walker for a long time, I realized they over exaggerate and make things dramatic. Shizuo being worried about me was probably the last thing that would happen.

There was a pause until Shinra said. "Well! It was nice meeting you again, (Y/N). I gotta go check up on Celty since she's taking a long time changing." He winked. "Pervert." I laughed. I got up and looked around. The apartment was modern and clean. I was laying on a couch I noticed, in front of a coffee table. When I looked to my right, my heart skipped a beat. Shizuo was sitting at the dining table, looking out to the balcony. His eyes were sadder than I remembered, and his bleach blonde hair was messy. His lips were dry, but he was still handsome. "Oh, you're awake." He said. "Yeah." I said feeling my stomach get heavy. "How have you been?" "Terrible." He said straight up. "You?" I sighed. "Same." I admitted. "I bet." He laughed. "You hit your head pretty hard after you fainted." "I hit my head?" I said putting my hand on my head.

I noticed my forehead was bandaged. "Yeah, you were bleeding pretty bad." "Thanks." "For what?" "For bringing me here." "I only mentioned who can probably help you. That's all I did." "Oh. Well, sorry for the trouble I guess." Shizuo laughed softly, the same laugh he did at middle school graduation. "It wasn't trouble, I was just worried." My heart skipped a beat again. "What?" I said softly, hoping my face wasn't red. Shizuo looked at me with his brown eyes. "What, I can't worry about a friend I haven't seen in a long time?" "N-No." I hesitated, trying to hide my face naturally. "You haven't changed a bit," Shizuo said, smiling a little. "Except for your... um... physical appearance." "You haven't changed at all, too, you know," I said, forcing a smile. "SHIZUOOO!!!! HELP!!!" Shinra's screaming voice echoed through the apartment, as he ran into the living room.

Celty, with her helmet off, came into the living room wearing what seemed to be an undershirt and gym shorts. She seemed to be angry, even though she didn't have a face. She had her hands on her hips, her index finger tapping her hip constantly. "I'm sorry Celty, I really am!" Shinra said as if he didn't mean it. "But it was worth it," he mumbled. Celty was about to strangle Shinra when she noticed me.

She dropped him and took out her phone from the inside of her shirt. "When did you wake up, (Y/N)? Are you alright?" Celty texted. "I woke up about a few minutes ago. And I'm fine, thank you." I said cheerfully. I had missed Celty's kindness. She was like an older sister to me since I knew her ever since I was in elementary school. "Good." Celty said with a smiley face emoticon. "So where are you staying, anyway?" Shinra butted in, dusting his clothes. "Did you already find a room in the Prince Hotel or...?" "I was going to, but I wanted to surprise Erika and Walker as soon as possible so I kind of forgot." I replied. "How long are you staying?" Celty texted. "To be honest, I was thinking about living here in Ikebukuro," I said.

"That's wonderful!" Shinra said, cheerfully. "So that means you can stay at Shizuo's house!" "What?" Shizuo and I said in unison. "Shinra, you idiot!" Celty texted. "She can stay at our house." "But Celty she'll warn you every time I try to sneak a peek at you when you're taking a shower!" Shinra whined. "That's actually a really good reason for her to stay here." Celty texted back. "Well, since Shinra's disagreeing, I guess she can stay at my house," Shizuo said blankly. "What?" Celty, Shinra, and I said in unison. "Yeah, even though my apartment isn't as good as yours." "Well, then it's settled," Shinra said. 'No.' I thought. 'This can't be happening.'

'