0.0

Chapter 1

"Crucio

Crucio

Crucio

Avada ca-"

The black-haired girl woke up in a start. Looking around her loft seeing the shadows haunting her, the thunder and lightning lit up the loft causing the girl to turn in a jump toward the window before sighing, threading a hand through her silky hair throwing her head back to the pillow on her bed with a sigh. The night terrors were normal to her. The lack of sleep was normal to her. The darkness was normal to her. However, her pathetic excuse for a father escaping the fortress that is Azkaban, was not normal to her.

Ariana Lily Black was confusing, in better words. A unforgiving childhood at The Lestrange Manor to then running away at a young age of eight living on the london streets for a year, stealing what she could. Till Mary Wynn, a retired 80-year-old café owner took pity on her taking her in and treating her as her own, showing her love and affection that Ariana had never felt before. Till she died, leaving everything in Ariana's name; her café, loft on top and other belongings, as she was childless and without a family. Ariana had been living there for three years now two of which by herself. the cafe was managed by the old manager Lucy a slim, kind eyed 30 year old who had known Mary since she was 15. Lucy always came and checked up on Ariana when she was home, oblivious to the magic that she held. Lucy offered to take Ariana in but she refused so they settled for next best, without having to get social services involved, which was managing the shop where all money went into a bank account with Ariana's name and buying her food shopping and other necessities that she needed.

Staring up at the ceiling for a few more minutes then turning her head to the side to see her clock blaring in red 4:07 1st September. Sighing getting out of bed turning her bedside lamp on getting up stroking her pure black owl Salem, named after the tv show Sabrina The Teenage Witch finding it on tv and finding it hilarious. Walking down the loft stairs to her closet picking up some black jeans and some random hoodie of the floor not forgetting to grab her worn black leather jacket off the back of the island chair quickly picking up some combat boots which laid scattered across the floor, much to Lucy's horror for whenever she visited at the mess, grabbing her wand and shoving it down her right boot. 

Dropping some food for Salem down, Ariana walking to her window to the loft in London opening it, and climbing out the window grabbing a hold of the drain pipe that scales the building, sliding down and dropping with a huff.

"Bloody hell, its cold." Ariana muttered putting her hands in her jacket pockets. The cold London air of late august hitting her face. Ariana began walking down the streets of London, un aware of the matching grey eyes watching her, the street lamps illuminating her way of wandering aimlessly.

Ariana walked aimlessly, mind clouded with thought of the new school year, having already been and got her books and school supplies from dragon alley in an attempt to distract herself early on. Ariana was only left with the drama of her father to think about. Walking was something Ariana did to clear her mind often getting in trouble with Filch and Mrs Norris because of it, but it cleared her mind. Ariana spotting a homeless man on the corner of her route caused the girl to call out "Hey Ben."

Causing him to look up seeing the girl he knew in acknowledgment calls back "Alright Ari." getting small smile and a nod from the girl.

Walking down around down the back alley that lead her to her road, when a branch snapped behind her, snapping her mind out of any thoughts putting Ariana on edge immediately. Her body tensing and hand feeling her pocket for her switchblade which she had for security, she started walking down a alley sensing a presence following her. As she predicted it followed. The unknown looked around confused seeing nothing but a dark alley in front, no signs of the girl.

Ariana jumping down from her spot on a fire escape hoping to spook the unknown, jumping down holding her switchblade ready startling both her and the -------- dog?

"Oh, wow Ari" she said sarcastically to herself pushing her blade back into her pocket. "What a dangerous attacker." She said sarcastically before crouching down looking the dog over "What are you going to do? Slobber me to death" she taunted at the dog who was waving its tail at the girl enthusiastically but stopped at her taunt, sitting down. The dog seeing her switchblade and also her wand looks at her whimpering slightly. "Oh, don't look at me like that. You too would carry this and your wand around if your nutjob fucking psycho bullshit father was coming for you." She scoffed causing the dog to whimper a bit louder.

Walking out the alley making it back to her loft which was in sight, the dog still following her but she didn't mind. Reaching her window, she turned back looking at the dog who followed and watched her happily. "Well this is it, bud." She said crouching down again scratching him behind the ears "Should we try and see if I can smuggle you into Hogwarts to see how many detentions I can get with Minnie." Ariane said with a smirk as the dog barked.

Ariana then got up grabbing before doing a set of jumps and pulls onto thing before reaching her loft window. Turning back down, frowning seeing the dog gone. She got inside, turning on the lights and bringing a plate of Nutella on toast and a bowl of strawberries for her to eat by the tv, knowing she wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep. Plopping herself by the tv turning it to Gilmore Girls mentally preparing herself for Hogwarts later that day. Not knowing at that moment, the man, she hates most is watching her with a faint smile and unshed tears in his eyes.

chapters will get longer stay with me

thank you x