0.5

Chapter 6

A load bang disrupts the happy chatter in the DADA classroom, students waiting for Professor Lupin to arrive. The loud bang causes head to turn and see Professor Snape marching down the aisle pointing his wands at the windows causing shutter to close over them. Snape's presence is enough for everyone to quiet down and get in their seats. Reaching the front Snape pulls down a screen over the blackboard, and turns towards the class.

"Turn to page 394."

As the student's eye Snape with guarded curiosity, as he makes his way to the back again where a projector is placed,

"Excuse me, sir, but... where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asks with curiosity, for which Snape regards with his usual attitude to Gryffindor's and Harry Potter.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say, your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Page 394." Professor Snape deadpans walking away from Harry's and Ariana's desk, leaving behind one curious and confused and the other rolling her eyes.

Ron frowns down at his book that has been turned to the right page for him by Snape. "Werewolves?"

"But, sir." Hermione interrupts.

"Bloody hell." Ariana mutters holding her hand over her heart over the sudden appearance of her friend

"We've only just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks –"

"Quiet!" Professor Snape snaps.

"When did she come in? Did you see her come in..." Ron whispers to Ariana and Harry who are equally confused at the sudden presence.

"Now. Which of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" As the class stares mutely at a slide of an attacking werewolf, Hermione waiting desperately for someone to respond to Snape's question.

"No one? How... disappointing." Snape draws obviously ignoring Hermione's eager arm, causing another eye roll to come out of Ariana.

"oh, for god's sake, an Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice in the matter. Furthermore, the werewolf actively hunts humans and responds only to the call of its own kind" Ariana recalls clearly knowing her knowledge, and fed up with having Snape twice in one day. Her answering interrupted by Malfoy letting out a low howl in mocking.

"Quiet, Malfoy!" Snape scolds lightly "Though one must admit to feeling your pain. Tell me. Are you incapable of restraining yourself? Or do you take pride in being a troublesome delinquent?"