0.7

Chapter 8

Winter had past, rolling into spring. Harry and Ariana still hadn't spoken, Harry had wanted to apologise but could never speak it out. Ariana on the other hand had reverted back to her old self, Ariana although still the same childish, funny and mischievous had colossal trust issues. After Malfoy manor, Ariana couldn't open up and trust anyone easily, she took months in first year before she trusted Harry, Ron and Hermione. Don't get her wrong though, Ariana was as outgoing as ever she just... never let people in. No one really ever knew the full story of Ariana's past, no one except her and the tall walls at the manor.

Despite not talking to harry, Ariana was still a friend of Hagrid's, so on the Saturday Ariana was sat down at the black lake with Hagrid, Hermione, Ron and Harry. Hagrid, wearing a gigantic hairy brown suit and perhaps the world's ugliest yellow and orange tie, in Ariana's opinion, stood knee-deep in the shallows of the Black Lake, skimming rocks as big as flagstones across the water's shiny gloss. As he turns, the quartet catches a brief sight of his eyes, red with tears, then he looks away. Hermione and Ron in the middle of the beach, with Harry and Ariana separated on the far sides.

"How'd it go, Hagrid, the hearing?" Ariana asked worried for her friend and her new friend the  hippogriff.

"Well, first off, the committee members took turns talking about why we were there. I got up and did my place, said how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff, always cleaned his feathers and then Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, you can imagine he said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous beast who would kill you as so on as look at you." Hagrid explained, still throwing stones.

Dreading it Hermione asked "And...?" Hagrid slings another rock into the water.

"and then he asked for the worse, did Lucius." Hagrid vaguely explained.

"They're not sacking you!" Ron exclaimed appalled, everyone as deadly anxious as the next.

"No, I'm not sacked." Hagrid solemnly reassured.

"Buckbeak's been sentenced to death!" Hagrid shouted emotionally as his eyes water.

After the meeting with Hagrid, Ariana exchanged greeting with Hermione and Ron ignoring Harry, which Harry felt he admittedly deserved, making him feel worse remembering what he said as he watched Ariana leave, before feeling Hermione step in front of him pressing her finger to his chest before near shouted "Harry, I'm fed up! Go apologise to her now. You two need to talk, you are best friends for god sake!" she scolded, her mother hen side coming out, causing harry to rush up the hill steps to go to Ariana's side.