0.8

Chapter 9

Divination was ultimately boring and a waste of time in Ariana's opinion, which is why it made it one of Ariana's favourite subject where professor Trelawney dull voice and the perfect temperature of one of the castle turrets always sent her into a dreamless sleep, something the girl was desperately lacking.

The students around gaze into crystal balls, bored and disinterested. On one of the middle tables sat Ron, Ariana and harry. Ron resting his head on his hand slightly drooling as he drifted to sleep, Ariana was already asleep on Harrys arm, her long black waves tied neatly into two French braids, Harry resting on his other hand staring deeply into the crystal ball and Hermione sitting, being the only one of the four that was paying attention.

"Broaden your minds. You must look beyond." Professor Trelawney airily spoke. "The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the Inner Eye. Only then can you see. Try again." As she got closer to the quartet, Harry sprung up smacking Ron on the thigh to get him up and pushing Ariana of his arm causing her to smack her head on the table, then to burst up to glare at Harry.

"Now, what do we have here...? As Trelawney eyes Harry's crystal, Hermione eagerly scoots forward on her seat. "Do you mind me trying?" Hermione enthusiastically asks, eagerly scooting forward on her stool fulfilling her role of brightest witch of their age.

"The Grim, possibly." Hermione suggested looking straight at professor Trelawney as she leans in, eyes narrowing "My dear, from the moment you first arrived in my class, I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of Divination. You may be young in years, but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shrivelled as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave." Professor Trelawney draws as she holds with Hermione's hand looking into her palmistry, not seeing her a silently seething Hermione clenching her jaw and narrowing her eyes. Stung, Hermione rising gracelessly, she exits angerly, knocking her crystal ball to the floor purposefully, Ariana scoffing at Professor Trelawney's obliviousness gets up grabbing both girls' bags, silently thanking Hermione for an excuse out of the lesson, leaving squeezing both Harry's and Ron's shoulders. As on her way out she hears professor Trelawney ask "Have I said something?" having a reply from Ariana shouting down the stairs "Yes!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------