Part 10: Memories (END)

____________________________________

(3rd POV)

Dirk sat in the backseat of the car next to (Y/N) tapping his fingers on his leg anxiously. She looked at him with her red eyes and rested her head on his shoulder, falling asleep almost instantly. Dirk stared at her a carefully moved the hair off her face. He thought about their friend that they had in Blackwing and wondered what he wanted. Todd sat on the other side of the car behind Richard, watching them with a small smile. "Todd." Dirk asked slowly and Todd perked up in interest. " What is it Dirk?" Dirk shook his head slowly and huffed in annoyance. "I don't see why Regan would try to kill (Y/N). We were all best friends in Blackwing." Dirk stated with a troubled look. Todd was curious as to how they new each other and knowing little about Blackwing, took the chance to ask. "What was it like in Blackwing?" Dirk stiffened at that but released a sigh of relief. "I knew you would ask that at some point." He said. "It was an extremely boring and sometimes frightening place to be in. It depended on the people they put me with. (Y/N) became one of my best friends after she broke into my room. Later she also became what we would consider 'girlfriend' and 'boyfriend'. She gave me a small locket." Dirk smiled at the thought before grabbing something out of his pocket. It was a small heart locket that could be opened. He gave it to Todd who opened it and looked at the cute picture of a younger Dirk and (Y/N) standing close together and holding hands. "This was taken in Blackwing, wasn't it?" Todd asked and Dirk replied with a short 'Yes'.
Dirk looked at Todd who nodded for him to continue the story. "Most days it was the same. (Y/N) would come to see me and I would do tests that they gave me until it was discovered that (Y/N) had another power. The ability to switch between two dimensions." He stopped and played with something in his pocket. "So what happened after that?" Todd asked and Dirk frowne "They took her away for a while and replaced her with another Project. He was Project Echidna or Regan Listlin. He was a monster who had a disease caused from his powers in which he had the odd growth of horns all over random parts of his body which would cause some bad pain." Dirk stopped and Svlad butted in quickly. "Regan is the murderer following us. Correct?" Svlad asked and Todd nodded in response. "So then how did he come to be like this?" Richard asked and Dirk continued his story. "Regan needed to be around calm people so he was transferred again to (Y/N) who seemed to help with the disease but I was left with no one to hang out with. (Y/N) broke into my room again and again until they allowed us to hang out but Regan had to be there. One day Regan was being very flirtatious and (Y/N) kept pushing him away." Dirk had started to tear up a little bit but Todd placed a hand on his shoulder, willing him to continue. Dirk hesitated before continuing. "Regan got angry that (Y/N) did not like him back and grabbed her. He then threw her though the concrete wall and into one of the offices. He punched her head inwards before turning around to look at me. He was about to attack me but Mr Priest shot and contained him. After the accident they took (Y/N) away to the hospital wing before tending to my area. It think that Regan knew (Y/N) loved me because he said he would never hurt me. (Y/N) was almost dead when me and a heap of other projects escaped Blackwing and no matter how much I wanted to bring her she would have died." Dirk finished and Todd shook his head slowly. "So then why was she trying to bring you back to Blackwing?" Todd asked but Dirk shrugged and huffed again. "She gained memory loss from the accident which caused her to forget almost everything including me except Blackwing and a few people who were workers there." Dirk sighed as the car stopped and Dirk gently woke up (Y/N). She hopped out of the car and the group started walking toward the pizza place. She was happy where she was, with Dirk and the group. Whatever happened you knew would be nothing compared to the love that had been born. You were happy wherever.

THE END
\__________________________________/
/ \

((A/N) That was a fun book to write. It's also my first but I hope that you all like it. Love you guys!