Ch. 1

- Hey, so this is my first time posting something so please comment, vote, and follow! I would love your feedback-

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Kye! Are you done packing yet?" My fathers voice floated through the small apartment. I looked up to see my father as he walked in to my closet of a room, a frown marred his face. He stood under the light causing his golden buzz cut hair to look like it was glowing, as he took in the state of my half packed room. My hair was the same color gold as his but my father's was curly when it grew out where as mine was straight as could be. My eyes weren't a stormy blue like his but a pale green like my mothers. "Kylie Hudson, you we're suppose to have finished packing last night. We are already late and you're not even close to being done." He growled at me.

I threw the shirt I has folding into the half full suitcase on my bed and turned to glare at my Father. "I don't care if I'm 2 weeks late," I told him, "if I had a choice in this I wouldn't be leaving at all." Turning I stormed over to my closet and started grabbing the rest of my clothes. Normally I wasn't so childish but normally I wasn't being tossed out of my house and separated from the only people I saw as family.

"Kye, you know I don't want you to leave either but it is pack law. Your 16th birthday is only a month away and so is your first shift." He said, "you need to be back in pack land before that happens and since I'm not going back you need to go to the Alpha's pack." He explained this to me before but that never changed how I felt about returning especially without him.

After my mother died 8 years ago my father left pack lands and joins the military, bringing me with him. Because of this I was use to moving I had lived in 22 different states since then. I was use to meeting new people and making new friends, human friends. I had also met other adolescent wolves who lived with their parents in the military but their were few of those, but they were different like me they didn't grow up in the pack. If I was being honest with myself the reason I didn't want to go back was because I was nervous about seeing my pack mates again.

"Kye, I'm sorry. I would go back with you if I could but...I can't," my father whispered. When I turned to throw the rest of my clothes in the bag I could see the pain in my fathers eyes. He wasn't stuck here because he still had required service time left, which was only 2 years, no he wasn't going back because going back meant facing the pain of mom's death.

"I know," I told him. I picked up a shirt and started folding it "I will finish packing just give me 10 minutes?" I asked. He relaxed at my words and nodded before walking out of my room.

***

It didn't even take me the full full ten minutes to finish packing. Sighing I took one last look at the small room that had been mine for the last 6 months. It was barely big enough to hold my twin bed and desk, which was right next to the small closet. My bed held a duffle bag and my backpack that held everything I owned, I was use to packing them and I was use to leaving but I had never left my home before, never left my family and this time I wasn't looking forward to the move.

I grabbed my bags and swung one over each shoulder and left my room. The rest of the house was in different stages of being packed because my fathers unit was being moved to a different post, which was why he was sending me back now when I still had a good three weeks before I really had to be back on pack land. Dad didn't want me to have get up and move again after we just settled in his new post so I was being shipped off back to Maine and back to the pack.

"All set?" My father asked when I entered the living room/ kitchen. He was standing by the front door which was open and waiting he had heard me coming. I nodded and walked past him out the door. I felt the weight on my shoulder disappear and looked to see my father grabbing the duffle bag and swinging it over his shoulder. The apartments hall seemed eerily quiet as we walked downstairs, normally I could hear the noises of the other residents as they went about their lives but today there was nothing.