Ch. 12

I was standing across from Raiza how was seated behind her desk in her office. We had just returned from our hunt and Raiza had taken me to a private room and helped me back through the change. As a wolf I felt like a human in a wolf's body and as a human I felt like a wolf stuck in human flesh.

After I had successfully changed Raiza brought me back to her office. She had sat down and hasn't said a word for a good fifteen minutes. Before the change I would have broken the silence but now even in human form the ways of wolf hierarchy bound me tighter than I had expected. I cant complain I did submit to Raiza when she won the fight which solidly bound me as her wolf. I had given in and now I must follow the rules all wolves lived by and were born to.

Finally Raiza spoke ending the silence and my circular thoughts. "Do you know what your status is?" Raiza asked. I shook my head "I'm not sure what you mean, Alpha" I said. The title fell unsummoned from my lips. "I mean if you were to hazard a guess would you say you are an omega? Gamma? Which category of Gamma? Or are you a Beta?" Raiza asked me. I thought for a moment and recalled the events after my change. "A gamma maybe?" I answered. "Is that what you truly think?" She asked. "I...I am not sure I know I am most likely not an omega so therefore possibly a gamma," I told her.

"Omegas submit to me as soon as they change. Depending on the gamma they are slightly defiant your cousin, Sadie, she only growled and stepped towards me. When I ordered her down she went. You, you didn't even hear my orders until after you submitted and went as far as actually attacking me. The only wolf who has done something like that is my niece and future Alpha of this pack. Kye you are no omega or gamma you're a Beta wolf." She told me.

I stepped away from her desk shaking my head. There was no way I was a Beta. The Nightshade pack was the second largest in the U.S and that is because it assimilated other packs into it over the years. One of which was a pack of blonde wolves who were by nature all fairly submissive. To this day most of the submissive wolves are blonde descendents of that old pack. Sadie being a Gamma I, was one thing but I dont think there was ever a blonde Beta.

"That cant be possible," I told Raiza. "Oh it is very possible and it is. A lot of people suspected it when you were a kid always getting in trouble it was an ongoing wager when you were young. Since you've come back so have the wagers." She told me. "You're joking, right?" I asked.

"Hardly," she stood and moved around her desk. "I would think you would be happy about this you won't have to submit to anyone else." Raiza said. "I would be happy...I am, it is just like I feel like you are about to decree my death sentence." I told her and I meant it. The atmosphere of the room was tense and heavy. Through the bond which was still hyper active I felt something but it was to strong everything flooding through it was disorienting and I could get nothing useful from it.

"It is not a death sentence but I have a feeling you my prefer it to what will happen next." She moved away from me and the desk and walked towards a door in the back of the room. "All betas have a choice being sworn to protect the Alpha of the pack or run the far reaches of the pack. Seeing as you are a new wolf and therefore must stay in the Alpha's compound that means at least for the time being you shall be a Servari," she explained. I tensed, a Servari was a beta wolf who pledged their life to protect and their obedience to their Alpha. Most Betas could challenge their Alpha or stand up to them if it was necessary, in theory so could Sevari but as far as I knew none ever did. Raiza paused next to the door her hand rested lightly on the doorknob. "I have a full guard...my niece and heir however is completely unguarded seeing as there have been no other betas to shift yet." With that she opened the door and Andrea stepped into the room.

'Shit'

"Alpha-" I started. Raiza cut me off with a glare. Andrea stalked closer to me a look of distaste on her face. If I did as Raiza asked I would be bound to Andrea forever. When a wolf pledged fealty to a superior wolf it was binding for life. Wolves always followed their Alpha but only a few would pledge their life and service to an Alpha. All who did were the Alpha's guard, betas who live their lives only to protect the Alpha and ultimately the pack as a whole.