Ch. 11

The smell of unknown wolves surrounded me. I lay on a a smooth surface...indoors? I could feel no wind or hear the life of pests nor bugs. I widened my nostrils and took in the scent of the other wolves, I was outnumbered. Surprising them was my best chance. I jumped up from where I lay on the floor and was faced with a blandishments wolf with clear sky blue eyes. A growl ripped out from deep in my throat and I pulled my lips away from my teeth. The wolf whimpered and lowered her eyes but didn't move. An image of a girl flashed in my mind. I shook my head to be rid of the image, this was just an omega I turned away and focused on the other wolves. Only two were problematic a light gray wolf that appeared more silver,light a mountain in the moonlight, and a storm cloud gray wolf. The silver wolf blocked the door and one of my exists. The storm gray wolf blocked a window, through it I could see the green of trees leaves and the brown of the dirt and rough bark. I faced the window and took a step towards the wolf. She growled at me her hackles rose, if I wanted out I would have to fight. I mirrored her stance and made my way slowly, cautiously, forward.

Forest....running.....hunting....

Those worlds whorled around in my head as I made my way towards the gray wolf. I wouldn't let her stand in my way to freedom.

The wolf in front of me held still as I inched forward. Right before she sprung into the air I saw her muscles bunch. I leapt and meet her in the air teeth flashing.

Her claws raked my side deep enough for blood to flow. I shoved my weight into her and she fell me atop her.

I snarled and bared my teeth that were next to her throat. Waiting for her to surrender. She didn't flinch away from my growl. Sudden pressure sent me flying backwards of her. Her hind legs must have pushed me off...but how?

I hit the wall hard and my head slammed back against it. The room before me swam and my eyes went to the window that lead to the forest. A low whimper escaped my lips. The gray wolf toward over me. I tuned my head enough to bare my neck. she had one the fight, she had ever right to claim my life.

Instead of striking out and biting into my neck her tongue skimmed over my muzzle. Surprised I looked up I to her eyes. I don't know where it came from but there was a buzzing inside of my, a tie that connected me to this gray wolf and the rest in this room.

Her eyes showed her intelligence and power. The longer I stared the stronger the buzzing feeling. With out warning the gray wolf howled. The howl resonated throughout the room and through me. It seemed to sing a single word: Kye.

This wolf was calling to some part of me and in that moment I knew she was Alpha. I struggled to my feet my head still spinning and my stomach nearly emptied its contents. Once up I lowered my head to the alpha...bowing. I acknowledged her as my Alpha. 

The buzzing changed into a flow of information, the connection to ones pack. I could feel them all like a light of existence. The Alpha's presence was like the sun so close and so bright compared to the far off stars.

I let the bond flow trough me and with it came the other half of myself. The human half.

Raiza stood in front of me looking expectantly as I raised my head. As confusing as it was when the wolf half of my soul burst forth and claimed my body, it was nothing compared to the mix of both halves of my soul.

"Kye?" Raiza's voice sounded silently in my head. I flinched as her voice resonated against the walls of my head. Silently I looked at her and bowed my head unsure of how else to communicate. Raiza came forward nuzzling me gently. "Welcome" she said before pulling away. Alpha. The thought flooded through my mind along with the fierce sense of loyalty. "Shall we hunt?" Raiza asked. I knew the same question flooded through everyone's mind and excited yips from the rest of the wolves answered. As was tradition when a wolf shifted for the first time. Time for my first hunt.

I thought briefly of the memories that surfaced during the change and a low growl escaped. I shook the thought from my head today was to be a day of celebration even if I could tell Raiza what I remembered it would change nothing, not today. I pushed the thought away and followed Raiza through the halls as she lead us outside to the forest and our hunt. I couldn't help but feel excited.