Chapter One

I want to start out with saying that this book is super duper important to me.

I do apologize if anyone seems out of character but keep in mind, it's only my second hp fic with the original characters. My other is with their children. But the reason why this book is important to me is because I bring up some key topics about how people cope with loss and anger and depression. Please note, if depression, anxiety, not eating {EDs} or fighting bothers you than this book isn't for you. If you want to continue reading and are ready, go for it! And please, tell me what you think :)

*****

"Harry."

"Draco."

"I love you." He smiled, pressing his lips against Harry's.

"I love you too." Harry muttered against Draco's lips. Everything always felt right with Draco. Even when he they were teasing one another in front of the school, it felt right. And the way they worked made them happy. It was like they were living a dream.

And it was just a dream. Harry woke up in tears as he did every morning since Draco had died, but this time it was different. It was the day Harry had to go back to Hogwarts. It was his seventh year and first one without Draco Malfoy.

It had been a year since Draco died. A year. Harry still wasn't over it, and he never would be. He wasn't ready for his seventh year at Hogwarts and certainly didn't want to go through it all alone.

His friends had been very supportive and loving through it all, sending letters filled with love and kind words wishing Harry the best. The holidays had been terrible after Draco died and the summer even worse.

Harry pulled through it though. He rose from his bed and threw on a sweater, a pair of jeans and his sneakers. He made sure everything was in his trunk and wasted no time leaving the Dursley's house. He didn't stop to say goodbye or grab a bite to eat, he just left and headed to London.

On Platform 9 3/4, Hermione and Ron were arguing about what they'd be doing and who'd still be teaching at Hogwarts. Harry was too tired to say hello and interrupt their bickering, he didn't want to have to deal with it. Some people may see it as selfish, but Harry was tired mentally and couldn't take anymore problems.

"Harry!" Hermione exclaimed when she noticed him, embracing him in a hug. He grunted, her tight grip a little too much.

"I've missed you." She whispered before pulling him away and holding him at arms length. "How are you doing? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, 'Mione." She glared at him. 

Harry huffed. "I promise."

"Well, I don't believe you." Hermione stated.

"I don't care." Harry spat, handing his items for school to be put on the express.

"Don't snap at her, Harry." Said Ginny, walking up to the trio. "She's just worried. We all are."

"Well stop. You've all been great, really. But I'm not a little kid. I can handle myself." Harry boarded the train, leaving Ron, Hermione and Ginny standing on the platform with frowns. They too soon boarded, finding a car they could all sit in together.

"I can't wait until I graduate." Said Ron as he sat beside Hermione.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because then I can be done with classes and all this sad stuff."

Harry scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"What?" Ron asked.

Harry shrugged. "Nothing."