Chapter Five

Two weeks. It was two weeks since Harry and Ginny shared a kiss in the Charms classroom. It was also two weeks since Harry saw him. It had also been two weeks since he last had a nightmare. It was as though his mind was done messing with him, like he was slowly healing from the wounds left behind after the death.

"Stop doing that, mate." Ron laughed.

"What?" Harry asked.

"Smiling all big like that. It's creepy." Ron laughed. "It's nice to see you happy and all, but it's getting much."

Harry rolled his eyes, nudging Ron with an elbow as they walked down the halls to Transfiguration. They ran into Hermione and Ginny on the way.

"Morning, Harry." Ginny greeted. He smiled at her and held out his hand.

"G'morning, Ginny."

She smiled at him and took his hand, fingers intertwining. That was one thing about his relationship with Malfoy that Harry didn't like; they couldn't hold hands around anyone, apart from their friends. But he didn't dare ponder on the thought.

"What is this?" Ron asked, gesturing towards their hands as he walked backwards into the transfiguration classroom to look at Harry and Ginny.

Ginny laughed while Harry shrugged. "What is this, Ginny?" He asked.

"Why I don't know Harry!" She replied, smiling at him. They sat at their separate desks, Harry beside Ron.

"What is it?!" Ron asked.

"Calm down, mate! You'll be as red as your hair."

"Did you— Did you just make a joke?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah."

Ron smiled, really smiled and patted Harry's shoulder. "Glad to have you back, mate."

Harry didn't quite know what that meant, but he'd take it as he wouldn't be asked how he was all the time. He glanced over at Ginny and gave her a smile, the redhead returning the kind look.

Transfiguration went by without a hitch; except for Ron failing to answer any of the questions correct leaving Hermione to answer them for him. Next was Defense in which Remus taught the class what the best things to use and do when fighting against mermaids.

"I would like you all to write an essay on what we've gone over. Pick one defense we spoke about today and explain to me in six pages or more why the defense is important." Professor Lupin explained, erasing his writing from the blackboard. "The paper will be due Monday. You may head to the Great Hall for lunch."

Students jumped out of their seats and ran out the door, some groaning about Lupin's assignment before they even thought about what they'd do. Meanwhile, Harry was collecting his things when Remus pulled him aside.

"Harry, how are you doing?" He asked. Harry looked up at him as he placed his bag on his shoulder.

"I'm fine." He smiled. Remus sighed.

"Are—"

Harry groaned. "Today I am."

"Alright. Just know if you need to talk about anything I'm here, alright?"

Harry nodded. "I know."

"Now go eat!" Remus demanded funnily, shooing Harry out of the classroom.

Harry chuckled as he exited the room, a smile on his face. He genuinely felt good. He was in a new relationship with someone he really liked and hadn't had any nightmares. The only thing bad about the day was how black the sky was and the hard rain pouring down.