Chapter Twelve

"Because I have something worth living for."

Silence overtook the Manor as Lucius waited for Draco to call for Voldemort. Bellatrix held Hermione against her will, the sharp blade of the knife gently tapping the skin at her throat. It took all of Ron's willpower and more not to hex Bellatrix to her knees and take Hermione, because he knew Hermione might die if he did.

"Dammit, boy." Lucius spat and Narcissa eyed him.

"It's okay, Draco." She whispered. "We love you. We know you'll do the right thing."

"And look where that love has brought you." Harry voiced, and everyone who hadn't be already staring him down glared at him. Draco could've gotten whiplash with how fast he turned his head to look at Harry.

"Harry." Ron warned.

"Here you are, standing in your house telling your son you love him, but meanwhile you're asking him to call a person who's most likely to kill you all."

"What the fuck are you doing?" Draco said and Harry waved his hand in dismissal.

"You have some nerve, Potter." Lucius spat, Narcissa holding him by his shoulder.

"Lucius, no." She said.

"At least I'm not a coward." Harry said, hoping while Narcissa was talking to Lucius he could grab ahold of Draco. When he moved, Lucius pulled out his wand as did Amycus. Bellatrix placed the sharp silver blade that was ghosting Hermione's throat right against it, causing Hermione to inhale sharply as she looked up at the ceiling.

"Harry, stop." Ron pleaded.

"At least I'm not someone who's following another out of fear." Harry said, ignoring Ron.

Lucius, raising his wand higher, began to spit out the curse of Death. "Avd-"

"No!" Draco screamed, running quickly and engulfing Harry in his arms, both apparating to another room in the Manor. Harry pushed him away, shocked at what he had done.

"Ron and Hermione-"

"He was going to kill you!" Draco yelled and Harry stepped back, staring at the man in front of him.

"You," He breathed. "You just.. You, could be.. I mean, how did you-"

Draco let out a breathy chuckle as his lips curled up into a smile. "Shut up."

"I- What?" Harry said. Draco rolled his eyes at him, stepping forward. Harry stepped back again and for a moment, just a moment, hurt flashed in Draco's eyes. "We have to go back."

"No. I have to." Said Draco, looking Harry in the eyes.

"Malfoy."

"Potter." Draco whispered. "I'll be back with them."

Harry watched as Draco apparated, possibly to the floor they were just on. He didn't know. He didn't know if he could trust Draco now, but he found a wall to lean against to keep him upright as he waited. Hoping.

Meanwhile, Draco reappeared in the room. Ron was now on the floor, Amycus holding him down with wand in hand as Bellatrix threatened to kill Hermione.