Chapter Seventy: Sunset Views In Jacksonville

-Every day there is a new life being born somewhere in the world. While in other occasions life is taken or ended. Many get to live a short life while others get to live a long one. We grow up with people that we love and care for. Along the way we build memories. Some lasting a lifetime-

Miles- I knew I would find you here

Aquamarine- *Smiles...I love the sound of the ocean...For some strange reason I feel connected to it..

Miles- Just like your Mother..You got that from her you know?

Aquamarine- ...So you've told me.

Miles- What were you writing?

Aquamarine- Oh it's nothing..

Miles- Hmm..

Aquamarine-....Uncle Miles..Do you think there's an afterlife?

Miles- Mm..I personally think there is..But a lot of people don't believe that..Some even think that when you pass away your soul comes back as either an animal or in another person..

Aquamarine- You mean the soul possesses another human body?

Miles- *Chuckles...No not at all..More like the soul comes back as a complete new person..They're basically reborn..

Aquamarine- Uncle Miles...

Miles- Yes my Ocean Princess?

Aquamarine- You think we'll ever see mom again? You know..In the afterlife...

Miles-..........

(AQUA'S P.O.V)

It had been many years since the last time I had seen her face or heard her voice. The scent of her natural aroma or the smell of her hair and her kisses had all been forgotten. However the image of her beautiful face remains in my mind constantly. Only because my uncle Miles has pictures of her almost everywhere around the house. I always wished for her to come back to us. But she never returned. Being around the ocean I feel somehow closer to her. It's as if I'm not alone. The wind is her embrace the salty water that gently touches my legs are her hands and the beautiful ray of sunlight is her smile. When I come at night. The stars that shine so bright and illuminate the ocean so marvelously. Reminds me of the glow in her eyes that I see in almost every picture. The ocean indeed connects me to her in every way.

My seventeenth birthday was coming up and all I wished for was to be able to see her again. Although I knew it was impossible. So this birthday I'm planning on wishing for something different. Every bday year my Uncle Miles gives me a surprise of my liking. He has been like a father figure to me since my gramma Rose passed away. Due to depression over my mother's passing she soon fell sick and never recovered. My grandpa John also fell ill shortly after my grammas passing. He was no longer able to take care of me so my Uncle Miles took me in as his daughter. I was only nine years old when I felt my entire world falling apart. But Uncle Miles was there to help me pull through. I love him as if he was my own father. Sometimes it scares me to love him so much. I guess I'm afraid of losing him too. After all he's all I got left.