Laughter and lions

You were studying at your new apartment. The apartment was welcoming from the open door to the wide hallway. Upon the walls were the photographs of y/n and Peter, looking at the pictures you could tell they love each other deeply. The floor was an old-fashioned parquet with a blend of deep homely browns and the walls were the greens of summer gardens meeting a bold white baseboard. The banister was a twirl of a branch, tamed by the carpenter's hand, it's grain flowing as water might, in waves of comforting woodland hues. Under the lamp-shine it was nature's art, something that soothed right to the soul.

I looked over at Peter he had cuts and scratches on his face. I brushed them placing soft kisses to each one "all better now" I said smiling. I could hear him laugh behind me and it made me feel warm all over. My mother always told me that laughing didn't express anything. I had always doubted that affirmation, as my mother hated laughter and anything joyful, the only time she laughed was usually accompanied by a bottle of wine. My father had also told me that it was just a sound coming from a mouth, that it didn't mean anything. But when he laughed, it meant the world to me. The way his smile started forming again, then deforming into a huge O, from which that sound came. It wasn't just a sound: It was his expression, the way his face twitched, the way his eyes filled with joy, the tear that started coming down his cheek, how he had to gasp for air.

Peter looked over at the time "I've got to go" you nodded and he pulled you into a hug. "I've never told you before but I think your so brave....and I want to tell you..I love....you...your strength" you froze was he telling you he loved you. Peter was blushing madly, you were about to confess your feelings when he said something that shattered your heart "any way I've got a date tonight with a pretty girl" The heartache was like a red hot coal placed in your chest, it glowed and burnt you at the same time, but it did not cool quickly like a coal in water, it throbbed and tortured you in all your walking hours and there was no relief to be found. "That's great Peter" you said getting up and looking out the window trying to hide your tears "I meant I have to go somewhere tonight and met up not as a date though well more like a date with destiny, I'm just making this worse" "it's ok Peter I get it your just meeting up with a girl" "exactly" "a girl you like" Peter spun around to face you "it's not like that" you smiled pushing him out the door "go your going to be late, plus it doesn't matter to me anyway we're just friends and that's all we're ever going to be"

Peter froze walking out of your apartment and walking down the street. Peter can feel it in this heartache the sun won't shine, birdsong passes as if the melody can't glide through the air as it once did before. But the truth is, I'd rather forgo comfort than keep a lover who doesn't love. So instead I will let this heartache be as my teacher and the reason to keep seeking one who can hear the playful calling of their own soul.

After the heartache you faced with Peter you ran to the park. Only focusing on your meeting with Spider-Man tonight. Entering the park, a slight breeze rustles the leaves making them fall to the solid ground one by one. The air was warm, the beams of sunlight glowing on my skin. Flowers are vast, and they conceal the freshly cut green grass. The pathway is nothing more than dirt littered with random rocks. the children are playing and the parents talking among each other. The park covered a wide area that could fit about three small houses. It was hilly with a tall tree or two near one hill. There were benches for people to sit in every corner and jogging tracks were all around the edges of the park. The west corner had some swings too on which many children used to come and play. Flower hedges and bushes grew all around; this made the park look more pleasant and attractive. This place would have been most beautiful at this time; it would have been so pleasurable to relax here and take in some cool fresh air but only if bad things were not happening.

Peter spotted you first your villain suit fit you snugly. Your mask framed your face and your eyes were as mischievous as always, but something wasn't right. Something in your eyes showed sorrow "what's wrong" he said coming up to you. You wiped a stray tear away and smiled up at him. You looked around family's had left when they saw you and spidery expecting a fight or some dangerous mission. You decided it was safe and took of your mask looking over at Peter "have you ever felt your heart break into a million pieces"