Revenge and regrets

Peter was dashing across the city no real destination in mind he just needed to find you. He heard a faint voice In the back of his head telling him to slow down and to think rationally but he couldn't, not when you were in danger. He couldn't stop he wouldn't, his body was starting to ache and he could feel tears starting to form in his eyes. Peter swung to a building finally letting his lungs fill with much needed air. He looked around the city wondering where you could possibly be. "Peter" he heard someone call out he snapped his head and saw the last person he wanted too. "Where is she" "What have you done to her" peter said lunging forward to attack.  "peter stop!" The voice said sending shivers down his spine a couple meters in front of him stood mysterio. His eyes were like fire , burning with rage and anger and peter knew if he got to close he would be burned. "Be a good little spider and listen to me" mysterio said walking towards peter and whispering in his ear "if you reveal your identity and never return to New York and the avengers you're little girlfriend will be safe". "You're lying" peter said even though he knew he was telling the truth. "You've got till midnight to decide, and if you choose wrong then I won't hesitate to kill her" peter shot a web at mysterio but it went right through. "Naive peter you never learn" mysterio says before the illusion he made vanished.

When peter got back to the avengers fury was barking orders at agents and dashing around "good and bad news peter" peter looked at fury trying to hold back the tears in his eyes. "Theirs going to be another attack tonight we suspect y/n will be their" peter let out a sigh of relief "but she may be injured or even dead" peter froze you couldn't be dead he'd promised to protect you he'd promised himself you'd be safe. You should of been safe it was all Peters fault. You had warned him something wasn't right and he didn't listen. You're gone and it's all his fault. "What's the plan" peter said face numb and red hot anger taking over.

You were tied up in a room near where the next attack would happen you heard a sickly sweet voice from besides you "for being able to destroy a whole city you seem pretty pathetic now" the person said ripping off the blindfold you looked up into those cold merciless eyes. "You know you could still join me, I'd give you the world" you laughed at him and he stepped back scared at how brave you were being. "A world without peter isn't a world worth living in" mysterio looked down at you it was a pity that you wouldn't join him. You were a rare beauty and would look great next to him. Cuts and bruises littered your face making your cheek bones stand out and your eyes shone with something he'd never seen before a mixture of mischief and hope. Your skin glowed and your adrenaline was dancing across your finger tips."why are you doing this" you said mysterio smiled down at you "revenge" he said "oh look at the time" mysterio said looking down at his watch "I've got an attack to get to" he said laughing while leaving the room.

Peter was at the site of the attack looking for you he could feel the ground staring to rumble and got ready to attack. All citizens had been evacuated from the area and only peter still remained. The fire elemental emerged and peter had to remind himself it was an illusion and couldn't hurt him. Peter felt one of the bots from the illusion shoot him and his spider senses were going crazy. Peter felt his senses warning him about something behind him, he turned to see mysterio with a gun. "You win" peter said ripping his mask off his face. "Please just let her go" mysterio looked over at you and nudged you forward "i guess I've got everything I want she's yours now". You started running towards peter but all of a sudden the creature hit you sending you plummeting towards the ground. Peter let out a cry before rushing towards you  "I'm sorry peter, this is all my fault I should of known it was a trap" you said "No! No! Y/n it's going to be ok" "oh I'm not sorry about that" you said you started to disappear in his arms and he knew you had been an illusion all along. "I'm sorry you fell for that" peter backed away panic in his eyes. "It's all just an illusion" mysterio said getting off the floor and towards peter. "How could you do all of this?" Peter said everything clicking into place. "You'll see, Peter. People... need to believe. And nowadays, they'll believe anything." Mysterio said before showing an illusion of you. Peter backed away "If you were good enough, maybe She would still be alive. Peter ran before crashing into a brick wall that definitely wasn't their before. He looked around noticing he was in an abandoned building. "It's easy to fool people when they're already fooling themselves" peter saw you mysterio was pulling you by the hair and dragging you across the floor. Screams filled Peters ears and he rushed over to grab you but you turned to mist "it's not real peter" mysterio said smiling.

You were standing next to mysterio tied to a chair and tape covering your mouth. You saw peter struggling with the illusions unable to help him burning hot rage was coursing through your blood. "Pathetic" mysterio said into your ear. "And I thought you were a threat but standing here now I realise your useless" mysterio said laughing at you. You smiled a wicked smile snapping the chains holding you split in half and ripping off the tape covering your mouth. "Sorry I didn't hear you what did you say about me" mysterio backed away you kicked him knocking him to the ground. The illusions stopped and peter saw you standing above mysterio "y/n!" He called out you turned to him and smiled mysterio restarted the illusion and peter was trapped again. Mysterio jumped up a gun in his hand you were able to avoid most of the bullets but one hit your shoulder sending you to the ground in pain. "Bye bye y/n" mysterio said aiming the gun at your head.