I Feel: 18

I woke up the next morning in Jimin's arms. My head was buried in his chest and his hand was cradling my head, as if protecting me from the world. I climbed off the bed, careful not to wake him and walked to the bathroom. As I was brushing my teeth, I noticed my face and eyes were swollen. I sighed and put my hair in a ponytail, walking out the bathroom. Jimin stirred and sat up, now awake. I walked out the room without saying anything to him. I felt so tired, so drained. I just wanted to curl into a ball and listen to the voice in my head begging to take control. Instead of going for breakfast, I just sat down on the couch in the living room and pulled my knees to my chest. A few seconds later, a figure sat next to me. I knew it was Jimin by his scent. "Rose, why are you so quiet? Yell, scream, punch, do anything besides this. You're scaring me." I just shrugged. I could hear the pain in his voice and I wanted to kiss away his problems. But that's my problem. I want him, and Yoongi. I hate myself. You're just going to hurt them both like you've always done, the voice spoke. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply. 

"I'm sorry." He's the one that needs help yet he's here helping me. 

"Hey," he cupped my face and gazed into my eyes, "tell me what's been going on in your life since I've been gone." He smiled brightly as he crossed his legs together on the couch and intertwined our hands. I sat as he did, facing him, and sighed. 

"Well, the bully that did that to you," he flinched, "he was sent to jail for life." He nodded and looked away from me momentarily. Then he chuckled,

"I thought you'd have killed him." 

"I was going to, yes. I really wanted to. But they put a restraining order on me while his sentence was being decided. And if he was ever to be let go, I can't be anywhere near him. I can't even get close to the jail he's placed in. I almost killed him that day, I saw what he did to you. But Ms. Young stopped me." He smiled softly at the counselors name. 

"I miss her. She was my best friend." I nodded. 

"She was annoying. Too nice. But after I graduated, I left to college away from our hometown. I couldn't be there anymore." 

"What are you studying?" 

"I'm currently studying psychology, philosophy and music performance." His eyes widened in surprise. 

"Music performance? You never liked music that much, you hate attention too." I blushed and looked away from him. 

"That day I first saw Yoongi playing the piano and rapping so passionately, I was inspired to get into music as well. I love music now," his brows furrowed, "but um, anyways, I live in my own apartment. I didn't want to move into the dorms and share with strangers." 

"You don't visit Mrs. Dandelion?" I gulped and felt my breathing become shaky. I didn't want to remember this. I don't want to feel this again. 

"She's... she's-" I struggled to say it. I haven't been able to fully accept she was gone. I didn't even get to say goodbye. I left her as soon as I could, not even thanking her or caring enough to visit. I pushed her away, I took her for granted. He seemed to have understood as he softly wiped my tears, that I didn't know were there, away. He leaned over and placed his soft plump lips on my forehead, leaving them there as he spoke with a shaky voice. 

"It's okay jagi. She's... in a better place." I felt warm wet tears fall onto my head. "All I ever prayed for was your safety and happiness. Every night, every day. I prayed you weren't or would ever suffer like I did." I closed my eyes at his soothing scent and warmth. He's always managed to calm the raging volcano inside me. Then we pulled apart at the sound of someone clearing their throat. Yoongi was leaned against the door frame. He signaled for me to follow him outside. I got up and was about to leave until a small warm hand circled around my wrist, sending tingles to spread through my entire body.