ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 4

•••

•••

A quiet but unpleasant sound echoed trough the kitchen a second time as I scratched the fork over the plate. Tamaki, who stood in front of the freezer, jumped slightly and swiftly turned his head to me, his dark looks bouncing slightly.

"Could you please stop that?"

I only looked up from my plate and to my brother, my bright/dark eyes dulled at the disappointment that I felt in my chest. Ignoring his words, I let the fork scratch the surface of the plate again.

"Dad is late again ...."

When I heard his sigh and saw how he turned his head to the freezer again, I only huffed, knowing already what he was about to say.

"You know that he has to work, since it's only he, you and I. I would like to help him, but ... you know, school. The only thing we can do is help in the household and be patient with him, so please ..."

Tamaki grabbed the water bottle and closed the freezer, before he turned to me once again, a sad smile placed on his lips. The disappointment in me was replaced with guilt and sadness.

You know that he's working so much for your well-being and yet you still complain.

"I know, I'm sorry ..."

"It's okay. Come, let's eat now, you need power for your entrance exam tomorrow."

"Yeah, you're right."

I nodded while he placed the water bottle on the table and sat himself on his chair.
Tamaki clapped his hands together, closed his eyes and crouched down a little. I did the same, but didn't closed my eyes. The little bubbles that swam inside the glass bottle seemed so much more interesting.
But maybe I just wanted to avoid praying.

After Tamaki had opened his eyes again and was about to grab his chopsticks, we heard the slight rustle of keys, before our front door was opened.

My eyes shot from the water bottle to Tamaki, my orbs much brighter than before and showing nothing but happiness. The chair flew backwards as I stood up and walked into the big corridor.

A happy smile plastered itself on my lips, so big that it touched my eyes.

"Dad!"

My father looked up from his shoes and copied my bright smile, before I leaped into his arms.

"I thought you wouldn't come."

"I'm really, my boss just wouldn't stop talking and talking and talking ... but I'm here now."

I nodded happily, really feeling much better than before. My father was one of these humans that could lit up the room just with their presence and that was clearly visible at the moment.
Together, we walked into the kitchen where Tamaki had placed a third plate on the table, the same smile adorning his features.

"Well then, let's eat!"

•••

I FINALLY FOUND TIME
EVEN IF IT'S IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

but yeah, I hope you liked this chapter bc I'm really unsure if I managed to show the feelings that the reader shares with her family