ᑕᕼᗩᑭ丅ᗴᖇ 6

•••

•••

"What I mean- You can see it too, don't fuck with me."

"I'm not."

I stared at him and he stared back. The other students still fought around us, their movement slowly fading from my view when I realized that he was serious.
My heartbeat sped up, this time not out of excitement, and I placed a hand on my chest, my breath quickening.

I didn't know what was going on, I didn't know what to do.
A train of thoughts filled my head, not stopping until I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped, stepping away from the blonde boy. His golden eyes showed worry and his lips moved. I hardly understood his words, my brain drowning out any sounds and movements.

Maybe I seemed like a coward, maybe I was one.
But I couldn't handle this situation, so I ran away. The blonde called after me, but I ignored him, just running and running.
The colors around me suddenly weren't so beautiful anymore. The red looked dangerous and burning while the blue seemed so ice cold that I shuddered.
I didn't want this, not this way.

My quirk activated on it's own, the flowers I ate this morning slowly manifesting around me throat, taking my breath. I fell to the ground, coughing and pulling at the plants. Panic burned inside me and continued to cough, until I suddenly heard Tamaki's voice.

Remember, (Y/n), if you ever have a panic attack and your quirk starts to attack you, then remember my words. Everything is okay, you're stronger than it.

Tamaki  was right. I repeated his words in my mind over and over, until the plant retreated back into my skin, my breath and my heartbeat calming down.

Taking in a deep breath, I stood up again. My legs were still a little wobbly but I managed.
Present Mic announced that the exam was nearly over , but I didn't care. I had enough points anyway.

The only thing I wanted to do now was go home and sleep, or hug Tamaki.

==========

The slamming of the door echoed through the house, announcing my arrival. From the hallway I could see the kitchen and Tamaki, sitting at the table and jumping at the sudden noise.

"I'm home ..."

"Welcome home. Are you o-"

Tamaki walked into the hallway and I cut him off by letting myself fall against him. He stumbled at first, but managed to steady himself and sling his arms around my slightly shaking body. One of his hands rose up to my head, carefully running through my (h/c) locks.

Tamaki's body felt warm against my cold one. Neither of us said anything, but it didn't feel bad. The silence was comforting, knowing that he was just here. Slowly closing my eyes, I inhaled his familiar scent.
I suddenly felt something soft and silky wrapping around me and when I opened my eyes, I saw white feathers surrounding me. Tamaki's wings.
A light chuckle from me broke the silence as I looked up to him.

For the first time, I saw the color of his hair, his eyes. That navy blue looking so beautiful and interesting, like that feeling when you look at the sea, seeing that dark blue from the bottom and wondering what's down there.
I nearly got emotional, both from happy and sad reasons, but I suppressed it and laughed instead.

"So the wings do come in handy once in a while, huh?"

Tamaki laughed as well, his wings moving with the movements of his shoulders as he laughed.

"Yeah, they're perfect to comfort people. Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"No, not really. I'm just searching comfort in your warmth because I can't find it in myself.", I said and and shook my head.
It wasn't that I didn't see it, of course I did. How his face fell slightly when I declined his offer, like I always do. I would never speak about it, about my problems, I would just seek comfort in his warmth, keeping everything else for myself.

I could imagine that it was hard to live with someone like me, but I just couldn't do anything against it, against my personality.
So I just hugged him a little tighter. A way to say sorry.

==========

The rest of the day went by quickly and after a hot shower that relaxed my body a little, I lay on my bed and stared at my ceiling, my blue ceiling.

The events from today that I had tried so hard to suppress found their way into my head again.
The blonde boy, the colors, my soulmate ... It didn't make sense.

It had always been like that, it stood written in the book like that. The moment two soulmates met each other, they would be able to see all the beautiful colors of the world, together, and fall in love, spending the rest of their lives together.
Unless one of them died. Them the colors would fade again with time, because the connection between you and your soulmate would be cut off by death.

But I had never heard of a case where only one person could see the colors. It was weird and didn't make sense.
I wanted to believe that he had just made a joke, but he looked so serious that he couldn't be lying. Only dumbasses would lie about something as important as this.

A heavy sigh left my lips as my head began to hurt and I rolled over onto my stomach, taking my laptop from the bedside table and opening it.
I was quick to google 'one-sided colors'.

Sorry, we couldn't find anything under the title 'one-sided colors.

Even if I got the result I expected to see, slight panic and fear flickered inside me. I quickly shut my laptop down again, put it back on it's place and crawled under my blanket. The only I thing I wanted to do now was to sleep. No soulmate, no colors, no him, no thoughts, just darkness.

•••

PHEW
this chapter is so fucking messy, but I'm a fucking mess myself so it's okay ¯\_()_/¯