We're Back Together

Brett's POV

She came to my school, tears bawling out of her eyes. She cried. I didn't know what made her crying. But, I will make sure she'll be okay as we got back together. that night, I drove her back to Stiles' house. Stallion and Dahlia was waiting outside the door like a pair of worried parents over their little girl (take note that my lovely Dory is the same age with Stiles and Scott. which means, also the same age as mine. but she's a year behind us because she got some health and family issues. just like me). I planned to get her to school tomorrow and perhaps we will have some time to spend on the seashores before my pre-season scrimmage match.

"See you tomorrow, Babe. I'll pick you up to school." I said as I kissed her forehead and walked out of my car and opened her door.

"Hey, B." She called me as she got out of my car. I looked at her and smiled. "I love you," She smiled and kissed my lips.

"And so do I, D," I smiled as I walked to the patio where Dahlia and Stallion were waiting for her. "Your 'parents' are waiting for you," I smirked playfully as i did the air quote on the 'Parents'.

"Wait, I said you can go to Brett, not get back together with him," Stallion said, teasing Dory as she blushed madly.

"Stallion, stop it. You know this will happen if I go back to seeing Brett, Right?" Dory asked as she hid her reddened face behind my arm.

"I know you two still had feelings for each other, Brett," Dahlia smiled. "Take care of her. She'd been through a lot. With her brother on the run these days. it seemed a lot harder for her," Dahlia whispered into my ear. 

"I'll make sure she never takes away those smiles off of her beautiful lips, Dahlia," I nodded and replied to her in a hushed whisper.

"Hey, Dahlia, I ain't the human here," she joked earning a headlock from Stallion. 

"Get in," Dahlia smiled as she waved a goodbye to me.

"Uh, can I just go to Brett's? I had a hunch that the assistant coach wanted to have a me time with you,"  Dory excused herself to go to my place.

"Go get your things and bid Dad a good night. you're good to go," Dahlia said.

"Wait here," Dory smiled and kissed my cheek. 

She took her things and bid Noah goodnight before going outside the house with her backpack and things for school the next day. "Bye Stal, Bye Dahlia. I'll be back home tomorrow night,"  Dory bid the two lovebirds goodbye and ran to me. I took her things inside my car and opened the door for her. 

"Thanks Brett," She smiled as she rubbed her hands against her arms.

"Cold?" I asked and she nodded. "Here, take my jacket," I said, removing my jacket and wore it on her.

--

The next morning I dropped her to BHHS before getting to Devenford. We spent the night watching our favourite TV series and catching up with each other. She told me about the past two months after we broke up, where she almost got abducted by the ghost riders. Up until now, she could still have the panic attack due to the trauma the ghost riders gave her. She still had the nightmares every night. She cried an awful lot last night. I am relieved that I got to be by her side last night.

And I got to see Liam's flustered face looking at her coming out of my car. I managed to pull her hand gently and land a little peck on her cheeks and watch her face blushed upon my abrupt kiss.

---

Liam's POV

The last time I saw Dory was when she was trying to get me on the field last night. She didn't come to watch the pre-season scrimmage practice though. She was missing somewhere else after she left before our practice last night. The next thing I knew was her coming out of Brett's car in the morning after a kiss on her cheek from Brett.

"So, you're back with Brett?" I asked her.

"What's your problem, Liam?" She asked as she flaunted away from me.

"I thought you broke up with him," I tried to catch up with her. I knew I hurt her last night when she tried helping me. And without anybody telling me, I knew that she was slightly mad at me.

"We got back together and that's none of your problem, Dunbar!" She said with a hint of anger in every single word. She never called me with my last name before. I knew she was really disappointed in me.

"Nymphadora, stop!" I shouted at her to stop her from walking away from me.

She did stop her steps and looked back at me, "Don't. call me. Nymphadora," She said as she growled at me. I could smell anger and disappointment in her growl and I could see them in her beautiful blue eyes.

I followed behind her to our History 103 class. It was our class together as seniors. She used to sit beside me during every single lesson. This time, she sat beside Corey and avoided talking to me the whole time. Every single time I tried talking to her, she always distracted the talk and talked to Mason and Corey instead. That day, she was supposed to have the counsellor talk with Ms. Monroe, she bailed on the appointment and went back to Stilinski's residence to make a phone call with Stiles. I didn't get it why she tried avoiding me at all costs. 

"Why is Dory avoiding you?" Corey asked.

"On top of everything, why is she back with Brett?" Mason asked. Mason and Corey dragged me to my locker and interrogated me.

"You think I know?" I asked them back. "She left after you guys got me into the field. How come I knew why she left and got back with Brett," I said.

"She skipped the counselling session with Ms. Monroe today." Corey said.

"She's hurt," Mason said. He of all people got that right. "She's getting back to Brett because she wanted a distraction and Brett couldn't even afford to hurt her."    

"She knew all along that it was a one sided love with you. She cried so hard that time you weep over Hayden. It's only a matter of time she'd get back to Brett to distract her from you. Stallion and Dahlia of all approved them getting back together. and she told me she's calling Stiles to ask for his blessing on the relationship."  Corey said.

"I'm screwed," I said I pulled out strands of my hair. 

"Do you know something we don't?" Corey asked and I nodded in response.

"She might have smelled the gunpowder I smelled in Ms. Monroe's room. She'd find out sooner or later, Mase," I said.

"She's a hunter?" Corey asked.

"Maybe so. I picked up bloods up her sleeve," I said.

-----