Throwing punches

Chapter nine

That was uncalled for.

John had this rage, burning in his eyes. He walked closer to me, looked me in the eyes, and said, "At least I'm not as weak as him. This wimp can't even throw a punch."

I knew John was playing with fire. he was going to get really burned, and badly. Like, really badly....

Jared's knuckles popped from how hard he was clenching them...

"John, if you shut your trap now, I will not hit you. But, call Alice a 'fake-ass hoe' one more time, I swear to all things holy, you will pay. You will be hurt, very hurt. And I will enjoy hurting you. Walk out that door now, go pack our shit too. You and Julian are switching rooms. He's in the first one. Get out. Now."

"You can't even throw a punch. You're weak. And, you know what, she's not a hoe. She's the school's new main slut. You deserve this Alice."

Just as John had finished speaking, Jared threw a punch at him. It wasn't his hardest, he was holding back because of me. he used to get into a lot of fights at school. Our old school.

I hate admitting it, but John was a serious asshole, and he deserved this. You can't talk like that to another person. It's extremely disrespectful.

"Oh, so now you grew some fucking balls and decided to be man."

"You're a serious idiot! Fighting doesn't make you a man, its means you can fight, which you really can't. A man is someone who tries to do what is right, loves someone and wants to protect the ones that he loves. Violence doesn't make a person. And the fact that I held myself back, while you were hurting her, for her sake, says more about me, than what it says about you. You just want to be noticed, don't you? Fighting isn't the way to do it. Coming at Alice, won't solve your issues either. Stop being the guy you think you have to be, and be the guy who were all along, as much as I hate you right now, and despite how much I want to physically kill you, you're better than this."

John just rolled his eyes, walked out and returned five minutes later, holding all of his belongings. He gave Jared the evil eye, walked out... He told everyone that Cara likes Heno, and that they were a fake item. He called me a slut again. He also came at me for being adopted...

I didn't think he'd actually stoop so low...

Oh well, he isn't worth it. When he left, I ran up to my room, Jared close by, right behind me.

I ran into my room, he came in, and slammed the door shut. I started crying. Jared instantly came in, wrapped his arms around me, and kissed my forehead.

He promised to never leave me. He picked me up, put me down on the bed...

He called Tasha up, asked her to bring me my coffee, and his. He laid down next to me, tucked me in, and went to his room once our coffee was finished. He came back, holding a guitar, pulling up a chair, and sat down.

'I haven't played in a while, but, I hope this makes you feel better."

He started playing a song, one I knew all to well...

~Darling : By - Majozi~

All my life I've been searching for your love
Only to find it's been staring right in front of me
Right where I could see

Sometimes life tastes just like a bitter pill
Hard to swallow, but easy when I'm full of you
And all those things you do

You can call me babe and I'll call you darling
If that's alright with you it's fine by me
And I will play guitar and you can try to sing

You and I will write our own story

You and I, well sometimes we're worlds apart
But when were together we are one heart you see
You inspire me

You can call me babe and I'll call you darling
If that's alright with you it's fine by me
And I will play guitar and you can try to sing
You and I will write our own story

You can call me babe and I'll call you darling
If that's alright with you it's fine by me
And I will play guitar and you can try to sing
You and I were always meant to be

When he stopped singing, I just stared at him in awe... I think I might love him...