Chapter 1: Battle Aboard

Samus hid behind a corner, just barely out of view of the guard that was on the other side of the corner. The guard had heard a voice in this hallway and walked into it to look for any unwanted guests. In a stroke of luck however, it decided not to pursue any further. Samus was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief when she heard the guard walk out of the hallway.

It had only been 10 years when a huge part of the real world became part of Subspace, and the Isle of Ancients was lost. Many of The Smashers who defeated Tabuu, like Mario, Link, Kirby, Bowser, Pit, Luigi, and King Dedede retired to their homes on Earth, as peace seemed to return back to their world.

That all changed one month ago. A monster that had resembled a skeleton entered the world. It was a cruel and heartless Heathen, who wielded a scythe and arrows, which when struck a person, would force their soul to leave their body. The abomination would then capture the soul in a gem which was placed around its neck. The Creature was like a demon. It floated in the air, wearing a dark robe and cape, with Blue flame eyes, and 4 arms, and with skeleton legs that of a crow, although it never seemed to use them.

A call summoning the Smashers was sent out, but it didn't reach everyone. The Veteran Smashers: Snake, Ice Climbers, Wolf, and the Pokémon Trainer disappeared, and not all the Smashers came to the call. Those who did, Mario, Luigi, Ness, Donkey Kong, Samus, Pikachu, Bowser, King Dedede, Yoshi, Kirby, and Fox McCloud had to enter on a airship which had the Skeleton, who the inhabitants of the World called "The Reaper". Once The Reaper entered the ship, a distress signal was sent out, but it seemed too late for the airship crew because on deck, the crew onboard were killed and had their souls harvested. When they boarded they were forced to split up, Mario, Fox, Pikachu, and Samus went to the control panel to take control of the ship, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Ness went to the jet turbines to try to slow down the airship, and Dedede, Bowser, and Kirby were to find any survivors, and or resources the Reaper could use, and destroy them.

"POYO!" Slash!

"YOSHI!" Slash!

"OOOOH OOOO!!" Slash!

"AAAAHHH!" King Dedede shouted. Slash!

"ROOOAR!"  Slash!

Samus pushed her hand against her chest to calm her burning lung. Her group had to separate when they were attacked by a bunch of skeletons resembling the inhabitants of their world, like clones, which returned some awful memories. She looked around, but she had no idea where she was. She was in a room with a lot of crates, but nothing else.

"Ooh Ooh!" Just then she heard a cry for help. A sound like it came from a Monkey, and she recognized it instantly.

It was Diddy Kong.

She looked at the other side of the wall corner she was hiding behind, and saw Diddy Kong being dragged by two of those clones to the Reaper. She was shocked. Many of the Smashers who recieved the call never returned it, or gave any indication that they weren't joining the pursuit. Like Diddy Kong for example

"Master" One of the clones said in an unnatural deep voice,
"This one tried to destroy the gas compartments"

Diddy Kong was struggling to break free of their grasp when he was held up, surrounded by a blue aura, up to the eyes of the Reaper.
The Reaper then groaned in a horrific demonic voice, as if it's voice was deeper than the clones, had something in its throat and was trying to gurgle it out.

The Reaper than held up the scythe and with one swift move, he cut through Diddy Kong's chest, as his soul was liberated from his body, which fell to the floor. Diddy Kong's body had a face of pain and fright as his soul was sucked into the gem around the Reaper's neck, making it glow Green for a temporary time.