8| "...he's my only king..."

•|•|•

•|•|•

T'Challa and Erik faced each other as they stood on the water with Zuri while the tribe leaders, Queen Ramonda, Shuri, Gemma, Nakia, Okoye, the Dora Milaje and W'Baki stood at the side.

"He'll never beat T'Challa. He should've just come to the first challenge and gotten it over with." Shuri whispered to Gemma, who stood beside her.

Gemma shook her head. "We should not underestimate him, Shuri." she whispered back and stared at Erik, who broke the spear he was holding in two. "He's not all talk, he can fight."

Gemma saw the troubled look on Shuri's and wrapped a comforting arm around her shoulders.

"Don't worry about T'Challa. He's the strongest when he wants to." she assured her.

Shuri quirk an eyebrow. "But, the weakest when with you."

Gemma rolled her eyes playfully as she nudged Shuri by the shoulder, while Shuri grinned. Queen Ramonda, who was standing beside her daughter, smiled warmly at them.

"The king will now have the strength of the Black Panther stripped away."

Gemma turned and saw Nakia walking towards her. "Where is Agent Ross?" she asked quietly.

"I locked him in the office. He's not going anywhere." Nakia answered.

Gemma nodded and looked at T'Challa, who was staring at Erik.

"This is your last chance. Throw down your weapons, and we can handle this another way." T'Challa said.

Erik put his weapons down. "I lived my entire life waitin' for this moment. I trained, I lied." he said, zipping his jacket down and taking it off. "I killed just to get here." he took of his shirt to reveal thousands of scars, representing how many people he has killed. "I killed in America, Afghanistan, Iraq. I took life from my own brothers and sisters right here on this continent." he grabbed his weapons again and pointed the broken spear head towards T'Challa. "And all this death, just so I could kill you."

Gemma glared menacingly at him and took a menacing step forward, but Nakia grabbed her hand to stop and calm her down. T'Challa looked at Zuri and nodded as Zuri turned to face the Wakandans present.

"Let the challenge begin."

As soon as Zuri walked away, Erik charged towards T'Challa and the two started fighting. Gemma believed in T'Challa, but she felt anxious for some reason as she watched Erik fight him with pure hatred.