Prologue

I screamed in agony but no sound came out. My body convulsed under the amount of electricity surging through my body.

Thoughts of all the things I wished could have happened flooded my mind.

'Why didn't I die with the rest?'

Another surge.

'Why the hell were they doing this to me in the first place?'

Another surge.

'When would it stop?'

As the never ending flow of questions flickered through my mind, I could help but to feel nothing but hatred towards everyone in Purgatory.

"One more time." One of the doctors in oversized goggles stated. "And this one may hurt a tad more."

At that statement I began to squirm franticly. I tried to slip out of the metal clasps holding me down but to no avail.

Then, the surge came, at least a million times worse then all the surges before it combined. The pain was excrusiating. I could feel the electricity attacking my heart. Then it traveled through every vein in my body till it settled in my hands.

I finally lifted my head and studied the person in the mirror on the other side of the lab.

She had ripples of light dancing violently under her skin. Her once dark brown hair now had streaks of white. Every muscle in her body was jerking every which way. Her eyes were glowing with a pale silvery white. All in all she looked dangerous.

She looked powerful.

That girl was me.