epilogue: happy one month

NOTE: this should really come before the bonus content because we're jumping back to the present for this one but for reasons explained in the end note, I've decided to put it here. I think I might put it back in the right order later

* * *

Yoongi has never quite got used to living in the castle, not taking lives or fearing for his own. Sometimes, when Jungkook shuffles slightly in his sleep, he'll jolt awake and reach for the dagger that no longer lies beside him. This always wakes the younger up, who'll take the grasping hand and whisper softly to the tense male, bringing him back to the reality. The reality of being able to rest peacefully, of being a king and, most importantly, being married to Jungkook.

Other nights, his sleep is fitful as nightmares keep him awake and, in turn, he keeps Jungkook awake. Together, they drift in and out of sleep, never quite getting enough to last the through the day.

Like last night, which is why the couple still haven't got out of bed yet. They lie facing another, as Jungkook plays with Yoongi's hand and the other struggles to keep his eyes open.

"We have a meeting with the Council today." Jungkook sighs as he interlaces his own hand with the magpie's. He swings the joined hands in the air softly, almost absentmindedly. Yoongi grunts sleepily, mind taking slightly longer to process the information. His eyes remain closed, as though that will stop the world around him from continuing.

"About what?" Jungkook attempts a shrug that's really just him moving his body around. It shakes the bed, and the older male finally opens his eyes. The raven is already smiling up at him, a sliver of morning sun that's escaped the curtains glowing off his skin—even incredibly tired, he still looks amazing.

"Just a check up. A report, I guess, on how they think things are tracking." Yoongi's hand is let go of as the younger shuffles so he's closer, propping himself up on an elbow to look down at his husband. "It's been a month."

"A whole month?" Jungkook nods, a smile bubbling against his lips. Yoongi can't help but smile himself. "Happy one month."

"Happy one month." The younger repeats quietly, his voice is full of utter joy. There's a brief moment when they both grow quiet, each reliving the events of the month before, but the sudden seriousness is broken when Jungkook giggles. He allows himself to lose balance, flopping down onto the bed to lay beside the older. His head rests on Yoongi's chest, looking up at the sleepy male. Hand splayed across his bare chest, he can feel the ring on Jungkook's finger—it feels right. After a night of bad dreams, all feels right in the world.

So Yoongi smiles, shuffling around until he's able to comfortably plant a kiss on his lovely husband. This dissolves into more happy morning kisses, until Jungkook interrupts them with a soft sigh.

"We really do have to get ready. Council won't be happy if we're late."

"Let them complain." Yoongi tries to bury himself further inside the blankets. "They're a terrible council anyway."

"You should take over." This makes the magpie laugh and he jokingly agrees. Only to look up and realise the other male is being serious. "Really. You already showed them how good you were."

"I'm a magpie, Kook. I don't really have the background for that kind of job."

"Magpie's weren't supposed to become kings either, but look where you are." The younger smiles fondly as he runs his fingers through the dark hair of the older. "Besides, it wouldn't be the first time a magpie led the Council."

"You're really serious, huh?" Jungkook nods. "If it's what you want, I'll think about it."

"It's not about what I want—what do you want?"

"I want to stay in this bed with you forever." This causes more laughter to reverberate through the room as Yoongi lunges at the younger, rolling around the bed with him. Their wings get in the road and the bedding falls off them, but neither seem to mind as they stuff around. Until, of course, they settle again and realise how cold it is out of the bed.

"I like this idea." Jungkook responds as they both now bury themselves under the retrieved bedding, curled up in a mess of limbs. With the warmth generated by both of them, Yoongi can feel himself drifting off to sleep again. If Jungkook's breathing is anything to go by, the same is happening for him. It's nice. Yoongi really could stay like this forever.

But, like all good things, this must come to an end. The end comes with knocking on the door, a familiar owl's voice calling out, "Wake up, lovebirds!" like he does every morning. Because, for the past month, this has happened every day. He'd thought they might have grown out of it by now.

Apparently not.

NOTE: and so, Raven King comes to its actual end this time

The real reason I revived this was because I'm really attached to this & I wanted to do what I mentioned in my last final authors note. And, I'm pleased to announce, a spin off / prequel kinda thing is happening! That's why I started the mini-series & drew it all out, honestly

The prequel thing is probably gonna have an intro published not long after I publish is but the quick description is: it's set far in this lots past, like in past generations, when magpies weren't quite as low down as they are now & when raven kings were a lot more scary than they are now; it's still yoonkook, it's just not this yoonkook (I'll explain that in more detail in the actual story). It's also completely separate from this so there's no, like, spoilers or anything

EDIT: It's currently not published because I need to get it to a position where it can be written & all that, but I'm working on it slowly & if you want the thing, hold me to it. I might accidentally forget

Also, side note, hoooly mooooly the amount of support this story continues to get really warms my cold, dead heart. I really appreciate it, guys, so so much. So so much. Can't even explain it