The Third Child

Again I woke up in the hospital bed. I got dressed and waited for Misato. As soon as Misato walked in the door I walked out the door and said,

"Lets go."

She stared at me and then just followed.

"Go wait in the car Philip I just need to do the paperwork."

"Ok."

I walked out to the car and got in. my chest was canning from where the angel had stabbed its tentacle in me. The door opened and Misato sat down in the drivers seat and started the car up. We didn't speak a word until we got back to the apartment.

"Hey Philip what would you say if someone else came and lived with us?"

"Depends on who it is."

"Well..."

"Is it a girl?"

"Yes."

"Name."

"Asuka Langley Soryu."

"You have got to be kidding me. well as long as she doesn't touch my piano i'm alright with that."

"Oh thank god I thought you wouldn't be happy, she wipes her forehead as to say there goes that burden.

"When will she get here?" I asked.

"Umm maybe tonight or tomorrow morning."

"Ok also where will she be sleeping?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Well I want to know if her walls are sound proof or is far away so she can't hear me play piano."

"Don't worry she won't mind."

"But I mind," I mumble

"Did you say something!" she yelled.

"No," I quickly replied

When she walked out I wiped my forehead. I started playing piano when Misato came and interrupted me.

"Hey you can put the piano out in the lounge if you want to."

"Hmm let me think about that."

Putting my piano out in the lounge room where people can play with it and make music or keep it in here so nobody knows about it except me and Misato

"I'm gonna keep it in my room."

"Ok," she said with a tone in her voice.

I decided to go to bed early because my chest wouldn't stop hurting. I went out and asked Misato if she had any Panamax.

"Yea it's in the top cupboard."

"Thanks."

I took a tablet and went back to bed. I lay there wondering what Asuka is like. I must have dozed off because I can't remember what I did from then on.

"MISATO!" a voice yelled.

I got up to see who yelled and to my surprise it was a girl.

"Hey what's the matter," I asked rubbing my eyes

"Ahh," she was startled but then continued, "who are you?"

"Second child Philip Matthysz and you must be Asuka."

"What is this thing?" she pointed at the penguin

"It's a penguin and his name is Pen-Pen oh and Misato doesn't do early mornings."

"Why?"

"Well... she's usually hungover most the time and she's not a morning person."

"What's all the racket?" Misato asked while trying to hold back a yawn

"Asuka got scared by Pen-Pen"

"How can you be scared by a cute penguin like him."

"He startled me," she said flustered.

She stormed off with her nose held high.

"I'm gonna regret this Misato."

"No you won't just get to know her."

"That's not gonna happen," I mumble

"Stop mumbling!" Misato shouted.

Why every time I don't mean to mumble it but I do. I have to do something about that. Asuka went out to get groceries

"Thank god you got rid of here Misato now I can go play some piano to refresh my head."

I walked into my room before Misato could reply. I had started playing piano when all of a sudden I got carried away and didn't keep track of time and Asuka walked in the door. She heard my piano so she wanted to find out where it came from. I then heard her coming but I couldn't stop in time and sit on my bed. She opened the door and saw me sitting on the seat of the piano.

"Hi Asuka," I cautiously said

"You p-play piano!?"

"Yep."

"But you don't look like the piano person."

"Yea well I am," I said scratching my head.

She was stunned and walked off to her room. My head then fell onto the keys and made a bang sound. What had I done? I didn't want her to find out that I play piano, what is she going to think of me? I sat there my head still on the keys I didn't move for the next hour.