Chapter 2

Point Of View
- Nikko -

It's another day and yeah I was finally employed. I got a job!

Now I was walking inside the Cruz Grand Hotel for my first duty.

I signed contract last night, I even got free dinner! Free dinner! Argh!

With the salary? Let me keep it as a secret.

I sat at the waiting lounge and made myself comfortable.

I also learned that Dela Cruz family was facing a death threat, it should be confidential. Even the employees didn't have any idea about it.

I was told to keep things secret which I understood since it's part of my responsibilities as personal bodyguard. One thing I learned that surprised was that it won't be a kid or baby but an adult one that I would be working for.

While thinking someone approached me and it's another security.

"Hi Nikko the service is here." he told me and I stood up to thank and follow him. I would like to drive too!

Some of the employees from recruitment department were waving at me as I passed them. I waved back feeling great because they recognized me.

"Good morning.." I greeted the driver of the car that picked me up.

I got in and took the deepest breath I could do. I was aware that we're heading to Dela Cruz residence to meet the son. The son.

I can't still imagine that I will be at the house of the owner of this hotel.

Perks of being a personal bodyguard, maybe?

I learned everything about them last night and I was glad that mrs. Dela Cruz trusted me so much. Good thing I already had driving license since she told me about driving for his son too.

I slid down at my seat realizing that we just entered an exclusive village. Houses were big and securities were walking around the main gate.

It took some time before I felt the car coming to a halt.

"We're here." the driver announced.

I took the opportunity to ask about the driver who got shot yesterday and I was happy to know that he's recovering now.

I would like to talk more but a security opened the car door for me, come on I was not used to this. I got off and thanked him.

"Hey hi! Good morning Nikko."

A soft voice welcomed me. Well mrs. Dela Cruz surely had this bright smile. She's waving like I already did a great job.

"Good morning mrs. Dela Cruz." I greeted back.

"Come on in." she offered the way to the door.

She looked very simple in her plain dress.

I can't help but to pay attention around. This was a literal mansion!

I smiled softly asking myself why didn't we all have a good life? Better home to stay, food to share with the family and life to enjoy? Why can't we just have an easy life? That can bring more peace and love?

When we got in the mansion the first thing that caught my eyes was a chandelier again and it's a golden one.

"I made breakfast." mrs. Dela Cruz snapped me out of my thoughts.

I tried so hard to hide my excitement. Breakfast again!

Walking to the kitchen made me think that the house was quite lonely. That's what I've observed in a very small period of time.