New Home, New Life

If you haven't guessed from the title 'Little Red Marinette' is a Little Red Riding Hood AU for Miraculous OF COURSE!

Let's see what awaits us in the first chapter.

cover is by KatlynHearts15 Thank you so much for your help!

_______________________________

Marinette POV

I rode in a large carriage through the woods with a small group of passengers as the rain came pouring down. I was seated near the edge watching the trail from behind with a basket in my lap. I pulled my red hood closer to keep the rain from hitting my skin and resumed to holding the basket closer. One of the passengers made a comment earlier about how my hood made me look like a giant ladybug because of the spots that were scattered across it, these days I just take it as a compliment. I decide to take a peek inside the basket at the treats my parents packed for me and I can't help but think about how much I'm going to miss them.

"I can stay with Grandma Gina for a bit while you guys make money to pay of the dept." I remembered saying to her parents a couple of weeks ago. "You guys will be able to provide for yourselves better and I'm sure there's more opportunities for work for me where she lives."

"You don't have to leave to help us Marinette. We'll figure something out, you're not obligated to help us." I can tell that my mother was touched by the fact that I wanted to help, but she didn't want to send me away under any circumstances.

"I know, but I feel like I should do something. Besides this could be a great opportunity for me. I already talked with grandma about it and she's ecstatic." I held her mother's hand. "Please mom, you know as much as I do that this is our best chance. With the money we'll save we'll be able to move somewhere better for ALL of us."

My father rested his hand on mom's shoulder.  "Our little girl's growing up Sabine as much as I would hate to see her go as well, I agree that this would be a great opportunity for her."

"Tom I don't feel comfortable sending our daughter off alone." 

"She won't be alone, she'll have my mother there with her. Have a little faith sweetie."

Mom sighed and turned towards me with a smile. "I just want you to be safe. Can you promise me that you'll stay safe?"

I smiled and gave her a hug. "I promise mom....and I promise that things will get better."

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when the cart comes to a halt. "Well here we are folks." the driver shouted. "Make sure to grab all of your belongings before exiting the cart."

I hold the basket close as I carefully step out of the cart. Everyone stops to greet their familiars while others spread out into the town. I pulled my hood down further to protect myself from the rain as I look around for my Grandma.

"Marinettta!" My grandma was holding an umbrella over her head while she waved me down. "Over here Marinetta!"

"Grandma Gina." I hurried over to her careful not to trip from the wet road and I wrapped my arms around in a hug. "I'm so happy to see you!"

"Me too sweetie..it's been too long." Grandma returned the hug while patting my head. "Let's hurry back to my cottage. We don't want to get too soaked from the rain and there's so much we need to catch up on."

I smiled and in that moment it feels like things are going to get better from here on out. A new home, a new life, and new opportunities, I don't see how anything could go wrong.

I followed Grandma on the path through the woods leading to her cottage. She wasn't too far from the town, but far enough that she was pretty secluded.

Suddenly I heard a rustle in the bushes, I stopped to the sound and looked in that direction. I didn't see anything, bit forest and rain, but I couldn't fight off this strange feeling that i was being watched.

"Marinetta?" My grandmother called up ahead. "Is something the matter dear?"

"I thought I saw something." I said to her. "Must have been the wind..."

"The storms getting worse dear it's starting to move the trees. Let's go ahead and get inside."

I nodded and proceeded to follow my grandmother into the cottage. I looked back one last time at the leaves flew from the rustling. I could have sworn I saw a figure of some sort, but decided that it had been the trees like Grandma said and just ignored it.

If only I could have known at the time how wrong I was.

_______________________________________

So....who's afraid of the big bad wolf? 🐺🐺🐺

Or who thinks he's hot because they're thinking of Jacob?

SIT DOWN TWILIGHT!! Hehe to this day...still the best comedy I've ever seen

Anyway how do you like this new story? What do you think will happen? Does this dress make me look fat?

Tell me in the comments.

With that I say....good day to you sir.....

......

......

.......

I SAID GOOD DAY!!!