New Friends

Let's get this party started.

_______________________________________

Marinette POV

I followed the directions that Tikki gave her and entered the restaurant know as 'The Bruel Cuisine.' It wasn't large, but it did look cozy and everyone inside looked happy.

"Hi there, table for one?" An girl with auburn hair and glasses approached me with a smile.

"Um..no actually I came here looking for a job, I heard you guys were hiring here." I answered.

"Oh?" She began to stare almost as if she were studying me. "Any serving experience?"

"Uh...no."

"Are you good at taking orders?"

"I believe so."

"Can you cook?"

"Well, I bake a lot."

"Great you're hired." She turned around and cupped her hands over her mouth. "Yo Ivan! We got another employee with us!"

"Whatever, she can start tomorrow." A voice yelled right back.

I'm not too sure what just happened honestly. I was hired on the spot despite the little experience I have working in general.

"Alright, so come back tomorrow morning before dawn, that's when we open. We'll get you fitted for a uniform." The waitress says to me. "What's your name by the way?"

"M..Marinette."

"I'm Alya." She stuck her hand out to shake mine and I returned the gesture. "We'll see you tomorrow and you can meet the rest of the crew. Try not to be late."

"I won't! Thank you so much!" I said happily before leaving the restaurant.

I'm practically beaming right now as I'm walking down the trail back to my grandmother's house. I can't believe I got my first job and it wasn't even that hard.

I can't wait to tell grandma.

There's a rustling in the bushes next to me and I freeze. Since I left the main square I've had the weirdest feeling that I was being followed, but it was probably my imagination.

I shrugged, thinking the sudden rustling was most likely a squirrel. They do tend to scurry around here a lot.

When I finally reach home, I called out to my grandmother excited to tell her about my day.

~~~~~~~~

*A week later*

I was already starting to get used to my new job at the cafe. I was made a waitress, but every now and then I'm in the kitchen helping with some of the cakes and desserts.

The customers are always so nice and my co-workers have been great. One thing I noticed was that majority of the staff was female, the only male being the owner Ivan.

Ivan was a very large man, even though he wasn't that much older than me. Despite his intimidating stature he's been nothing, but nice to me, even if he does tend to get grumpy now and then. Turns out he inherited the cafe from his parents, but he didn't really care for it, in fact it's his girlfriend Mylene who's keeping this place in business.

Apparently, Mylene grew up loving this restaurant. It's how her and Ivan first met, I'm guessing when he inherited the place he couldn't bring himself to sell it knowing how much Mylene loved it here. So he kind of made it hers.

There's also Juleka and Rose who are inseparable. They always show up together, they leave together and when they work together they're perfectly in sync. There's so Alix who kind of finds any reason she can not to do any work, but she is in charge of the deliveries and she gets them done super fast it's almost like she never left her spot in the first place.

Then there's Alya who I met before anyone else, she's the hostess here. I tend to coversate with her more than everybody else and she's been a great help to me.

For once, I feel like things are really starting to look up.

"Seriously?" Alya said staring out the window at the pouring. "Where is all this rain coming from lately? I'm getting tired of getting soaked everytime I walk out the door."

Alya was right. There has been a large amount of rain these past couple of weeks. Not only is there the concern of flooding, but we haven't been having a lot of customers because of it either. Guess that's why my first week here has been so easy.

"I like the rain." Juleka voiced from over in the corner while wiping down a table. "It gives me a sense of peace."

"...and it's perfect cuddle weather!" Rose chirped from the other side of the table.

Mylene giggled from behind the counter. "I agree, don't you think so too Ivan?"

Ivan had somewhat of a grumpy expression, but the blush was still evident on his face. "Y..Yeah."

"Alright people we've got customers heading in, back to work." Alya said clapping her hands.

Three customers entered the restaurant and my eyes widen in recognition of two of them. "Grandma? Tikki? What are you guys doing here?"

"We came to see how you're coping with your new job sweetie." Grandma walked over and gave me a hug.

"You look like you're getting along fine." Tikki said smiling.

"Yeah, I am it's really great here." I smiled. "Thank you for recommending this job for me."

"We also came to eat." The third figure who was a man said standing behind Tikki. "When can we get food?"

The man was tall and dark skinned, his eyes were a bright green like cat eyes and he had solid black hair.

"Plagg don't be rude." Tikki said slapping his shoulder.

"What I'm hungry."

"You can wait a few more minutes." Tikki turned back to me. "I'm sorry Marinette, this is my husband Plagg. He gets a little cranky when he's hungry." Plagg rolled his eyes at her comment.

I guide them to their table and they all take a seat, after handing their menus I asked, "What can I get for you today?"

Grandma Gina and Tikki ordered their food while Plagg continued to observe the menu.

"Got any cheese on this menu?" He asked grumpily. I giggled, remembering the giant wheel of cheese Tikki was taking home on the day we met.

"Marinette here makes the best cheese bread I've ever tasted." Rose stated happily as she was passing by.

"The best cheese bread huh? I think I'll be the judge of that." Plagg said handing me back the menu. "I'll take it."

I nodded and took the menus back, before heading to the kitchen to help prepare the food.

_______________________________________

See I told you Rose was gonna show up.

Silly Readers.

😜