Superstition

It's been forever and here it is THE NEXT CHAPTER

ENJOY

_______________________________________

Marinette POV

Once we entered my grandmother's home, I took off my cloak and hung it on one of the nearby coat hangers. I sighed and looked around at the place that I'll be staying for the next few years. My grandma had a cozy place, not too big, but not exactly small either. She had two spare bedrooms for guest, one of which I'd be sleeping in.

I let out another sigh as I carried my things to my new bedroom and set them down on the floor. The room was very plain, but very comfortable.

"I'm sorry if the room isn't very 'Marinetta' for you sweetie." My Grandma said entering the room with more of my things. "What do you say tomorrow we go shopping and start to work on making this place look more like home?"

"Grandma you don't have to do that..."

"I insist, think of it as a welcome gift, besides I need to go into town for food as well. I want to know all the food that my favorite granddaughter likes to eat."

I'll rolled my eyes, but smiled "I'm your only granddaughter."

"Which is why you're my favorite!" She kissed me on my forehead and her eyes widen all of a sudden. "Oh I almost forgot I have a surprise for you downstairs!"

My grandmother grabbed my hand and practically pulled me down the steps, I had to keep steady to keep myself from falling over. When arrived back in the living room, she let go of my hand and walked over to a closet and pulled something out.

My jaw dropped realizing that the item was a beautiful pink sundress that was knee length with pink flowers similar to the designs I sew into a lot of my own clothes and items. It was beautiful.

"Grandma you shouldn't have."

"I wanted to. During one of my trips into the next town I paid a seamstress to have this dress made for you and I was planning to have it sent to you before your next birthday, but things changed..." she sat the dress down and looked at me with a smile. "I know that unfortunate circumstances is why you came to live with me, but you have no idea how happy I was when you asked. I really missed my grandbaby."

I gave her the biggest hug. "I missed you too Grandma, I know we're going to have the best time together."

She hugged me back. "I just wish your parents were able to come here as well."

"That reminds me!" I ran over to the entrance and picked up my basket. "They packed us treats from the bakery for us to enjoy."

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's dig in!"

I walked over to the dining table and sat the basket down while Grandma went to go get plates. I noticed a piece of paper at the corner of my eye, it was a flyer of some sort explaining of some mysterious giant wolf going around town and that people should be careful, especially at night where the creature was most active.

"Hey Grandma?" I said when she entered the room again. "What's this all about?"

Grandma's gaze followed mine until she saw the paper that I was referring to, then she gave a skeptic look. "It's some silly superstition that the townsfolk have. Something or someone knocked a few carts over and suddenly everyone's coming up with stories about a fairytale wolf creature. Don't mind them sweetie."