Uncontrollable

Prologue

Flashback

Howls pierced the night air, jeering at me, the little runt who still hadn’t turned. It was my fourteenth birthday and instead of getting cake and presents like most kids I was in a clearing in the woods surrounded by uncommonly large wolves. I sat, crumpled and broken in the middle of the circle, weak and exhausted while the Alpha and his son stood tall and proud in front of me. My family was off to the side, my mother crying, my father and my brother sat stoically at her side, completely void of any emotion. The rest of the pack was howling and jeering, excited and amused that the Beta’s daughter was the Runt, the one to be exiled, tears leaked down my face.

“Please Nate, don’t do this.” I sobbed, begging my brother’s best friend and the Alpha’s son to spare me, but his teeth were bared and his wolf eyes cold. Alpha Crest gave a nod and Nathaniel lunged, teeth bared and snapping at me. My legs moved on their own accord, scrambling backwards until I hit a tree but Nathaniel was still on the advance, his orders to injure me, maybe even kill me. The wolf lunged again, biting down on my hand as I tried to protect myself. As soon as he let my hand go I felt rage boil up inside me. Then I was in the air, my body burning and when I landed I was on all fours, my vision enhanced and I could feel him, his mind inside mine. It was my turn to lunge and snap, biting down on his neck, drawing blood with ease, acting on instinct, not fully in control. The large grey and white wolf in front of me stood, stone cold and completely frozen, shocked. Confused I found myself entering his mind, how I did it I haven’t a clue though. His thoughts swarmed me.

She is a White Wolf? How did she change so quickly? How is she not stumbling around, she is already one with her wolf side, is it possible for it to be that quick? Why can’t I fight her? What’s going on?

I pulled back and looked down at my paws, how could I be a Blanc Lupe? They were rare, supposedly the strongest of wolves. Sure enough my paws were strikingly white, the whiter a wolf was the stronger it was, at least that’s what the legends said. Everybody thought Nathaniel would be extremely strong because he was white and grey but the white on him was rather bold. Still he stood frozen, the whole pack following his lead and slowly, one by one, they started to bow their big heads. I scoffed, as much as a wolf could, and bolted for the woods, as fast as I could, reveling in the speed at which the wind flew through my fur. I could hear things, rodents in the heavy snow, pattering of paws running after me, but I wasn’t going back. I wasn’t a part of their pack, I didn’t want them just like they hadn’t wanted me. With that thought the choruses of their thoughts were cut off. Like white noise in my head one second, the next it was silent. Only the sound of my paws hitting the snow, sending it flying up behind me as I ran, followed me now, a peaceful breeze flitting here and there. Only two voices besides my own entered my head now.

Tash, please come home. My brothers sad and kind voice asked pleadingly, I wanted to, desperately, obey him, but I couldn’t, they hurt me and I didn’t want to need them.

Natasha, I am sorry, the Pack needs you. Nathaniel’s deep and soft honey like voice begged softly, but all the times he laughed at me, hurt me, made fun of me came back, he wasn’t my Alpha any more, I didn’t have to listen to him.

I ran and ran and ran, snow falling softly on my already white fur. I didn’t plan on stopping any time soon, I didn’t want to, running made me forget, it helped me think and it let me breath.

==

I had spent nearly three months in wolf form, letting the wolf take control. I got so animalistic that I didn’t even have my humanity anymore. I hunted like a wolf, eating deer and other animals when I could, living only in the present, thinking only of my next meal. Nearly three months after I ran away I had been walking in the woods near a small town, there was a pack nearby and I knew they knew I was there, but they wouldn’t risk losing wolves to fight off a rogue White Wolf, especially with the increase of Vampire attacks. No, not those stupid Twilight vampires, the real ones, ones with flaky pale skin that looked like it might fall off, saggy fully red eyes and greasy hair. The ugliest beings you might ever lay eyes on. They didn’t only have two pretty sharp teeth; more like their entire mouth was full of shark like teeth that had pours in them.

Anyway, I had been stalking the woods when I heard howls and jeers, memories had came flooding back and both confused and angry, the only two emotions I really felt now, I went to check it out. Upon getting to the source of the sound I saw an all to familiar sight, a boy my age was backed to a tree, a rather large wolf I presumed to be the Alpha snapping at him. As soon as the Alpha drew the boy’s blood the dark haired boy turned, shifting gracefully into a large black wolf. Black wolves weren’t really uncommonly special, but any solidly coloured wolf was rare. This was an exile, and like many times before this pack was exiling it’s warrior because warriors only turned when forced into combat, like myself. The only difference was as soon as the wolf turned none of the pack bowed and the wolf immediately ran. Next thing I knew I was chasing after it. It hadn’t taken me long to pin the black wolf down.

I don’t want to hurt you, I want you to join me. Was all I said, and with that I found my humanity again, only because the boy, whose name I learnt was Seth, convinced me to change back. It had been my first time going from wolf to human and I hadn’t been human for three months, needless to say it came as a shock. After that we picked up more rogue wolves, trained them, and eventually we had a pack, and I was Alpha, the first female Alpha to speak of.  Seth turned out to be my Beta along with my best friend and we were quickly becoming one of the strongest packs in North America, acting as a Pack for hire, going to other Packs when they needed help.