Everything that goes up come down

Nathaniel’s PoV

Where was she! It had been over two and a half hours since she ran out and according the her pack nobody had heard from her! Didn’t she know there were hybrids running around? Geez! This was my fault. I realized this. I hurt her, we had been best friends since forever and I had hurt her, probably beyond repair, and all because my idiot Alpha father told me to shun her, bully her, exile her because she hadn’t changed with the rest of us.

Flashback

“Nathaniel, come here son.” My father called me from my room early one morning, I had been hanging out with Blake and Natty late the night before, she had told me that behind my back Poppy was still bullying her. It made me mad, I was the Alpha’s son and still Poppy, the evil girl in our class, bullied my best friend.

“Yes father?” I asked, keeping my head bowed, his strong face a stiff cold mask as always.

“Natasha Lupe, I don’t want you around her anymore. When you are around her you will not be her friend. I am planning her exile; you will be in charge of exiling her, as your right of passage into the pack.” His words rang with his strong Alpha voice, making me cower.

“Yes Father.”

 yes father…

yes father…

End

Why didn’t I just ignore her? Why did I go all out? She was my mate, is my mate, it is my job to protect her.

“Alpha Crest, I have received word from Alpha Blanc-Lupe, there is evidence of hybrids just outside the northern borders. Two, maybe three. She also says that she has picked up the scent of some rogues wolves.” Her Beta, Seth, came into the kitchen where I was leaning against the counter. I looked at him and nodded.  I knew he was a good guy but I really didn’t like him, how close he was to her, how easy going and friendly she was towards him.

“Thank you, Seth.  Please tell her to come back now.” I spoke in a detached tone. I noticed him grit his teeth, he clearly didn’t like me. Great. If her Beta didn’t like me no way in hell she would.

“No offense Alpha Crest, but I think that’s why she will never forgive you. You are controlling. This is Tash we are talking about, you of all people should know that you tell her to do something she does the opposite.” Seth smirked, a proud twinkle in his eye when he spoke of his Alpha. They loved her, she earned their loyalty, not forced into it by blood.

“Seth, how did you guys become a pack? Why did all of you swear yourselves to her and not stay in your rightful pack?” I asked, genuinely curious. Seth let out a sigh and went to lean on the island.

“Well, she found me first. The pack I was born into exiled me, for the same reason you exiled her, I changed late, because I was a warrior. When I met her she was savage, a true wild wolf. She had no humanity. From what she told me it was three and a half months after you exiled her. I had been running from my pack when she pinned me and used a mind link to tell me she wouldn’t hurt me, she wanted me to join her. Her fur had been stained with blood and I admit, at first I was scared out of my mind but I convinced her to change back, human. It was the most painful thing I had ever witnessed. When she was human she was weak, broken bones after being a wolf for so long. Her clothes were to small and her hair wild. Slowly she regained her humanity, mostly because I forced her. One day we were running around, it was twilight and when we heard the jeers and cries of a pack we followed them. There we found Alec, he was being exiled and at the last minute he turned, again another warrior. He ended up joining her too but we weren’t a pack yet, we hadn’t sworn her our Alpha but she looked after us, looked out for us.  Then we found Luke and Luna, they are twins. It continued like this, next Raven, then Christian, Lilly, Zane, Cleo and Alexandrea.That’s when we all swore ourselves to her as our Alpha, she had saved us after all, protected us. Eventually Kael, Siva, Ryan, Violet, Kathryn and Dale  joined too.” Seth finished and looked at me. I couldn’t picture her as savage, did I do that to her? Of course I did. He said she save them, but he saved her too, I could see it, he restored the damage I inflicted. For that I had to respect him. He was there at her worst, no wonder they were so close.