No. No. No? Maybe?

Chapter 6

After the movie, where my pack along with Alice and Blake were all crammed into the TV room with a ton of food and I ended up falling asleep against Seth’s shoulder, everybody went to their rooms, most of which were outside on the other side of the field for my pack in little cabins. Seth ended up carrying me to mine but I guess my grip on him was to strong or he was just too tired and lazy to go to his room but when I woke he was beside me, his back to me and snoring lightly while I was about six inches away and on my stomach, my head turned towards him. When most people sleep on their stomachs it means they feel safe, for wolves it’s on the back, easier to change quickly when you are already on your stomach, right? But that’s the thing; I must have felt undeniably safe if I fell asleep on Seth’s shoulder last night.

Knock, knock, and knock. Three soft knocks on my door, who was here this early? Judging by my east facing window it was only about seven in the morning.

“Come in.” I called to the intruder, spinning around in my bed so I was leaning against the wall with my knees up and the blankets draped around my middle. The door slowly opened and because there was a couple feet of wall between the door and the room I couldn’t see who was entering the room. I sniffed the air slightly, allowing the inside of my nose to become  more wolf-like to pick up the scent.

Blake.

“I’m decent Blake, you can come in.” I told him, trying to keep the slight edge in my voice away, on my run yesterday I had decided to forgive my brother; after all, he didn’t do anything, right? It had been Nathaniel; Blake had just stood there looking blank.

“WHAT THE HELL NATASHA! YOU SAID YOU DIDN’T HAVE A MATE AND DIDN’T WANT ONE! IS THAT BECAUSE YOU WANNA SLEEP AROUND!?” He yelled as he turned the corner, did I mention my brother is very, err, big on the whole mate thing? Ever since we were kids when Nathaniel and I just went ‘Meh, mates are alright but not important right now.’ Blake would be ‘Mates are your other half, when I find mine everything will be perfect. I can’t wait.’ He believed in saving yourself for your mate, he believed that once you found them you had to be absolutely perfect, the best you could be for them. All that hogwash and toadspit. Alice had sat in the middle, mates were meant to be your everything but until then why think about it? Nathaniel and I were just meh. Alice had never really been a part of our tight knit group, after all where I was only a year younger than Nathaniel and Blake Alice was three, a year younger than me. 

“Easy Blake! We didn’t, you know, do anything. WE SLEPT. Take a chill pill.” I hissed, luckily Seth was a heavy sleeper.

“What the hell is going on in here?” Nathaniel’s voice was husky with tiredness as he walked in, great.

“My sister doesn’t want a mate because she wants to sleep with whoever whenever.” Blake spoke softer now but still disappointment rang in the air. Nathaniel instantly stiffened, why the hell does he care? He doesn’t get a say in my life, or even a part besides what he already was, after this I would never see him again.

“BLAKE! Get it through your head! Seth and I didn’t do anything last night! WE SLEPT! I can prove it!” I yelled at him in a hushed tone. Before realizing what I was doing  I had ripped the blanket off Seth to reveal him, lucky for me he was wearing a pair of pajama bottoms and not just his boxers like he usually did while sleeping.

“Well why is he in your bed?” Blake’s tone still rang with accusation. Jeez, was this entire pack this prudish? Last I remember it wasn’t like this.

“Holy! I crashed last night! He carried me up here when the movie finished and crashed! Besides, since when do you give a shit about me or what is do? Brother.” I spat the last word, going straight for the jugular and giving him a guilt trip. I know, before you go all ‘that wasn’t nice’ on me, I get it. But I was sick and tired of him accusing me of stuff I didn’t do.