chapter 6

"What's the problem?"

"Nothing much, he just got in trouble with his dad because he found out about the whole Brooke situation so now he has to sneak out, apparently."

"Oh I thought it was bad."

"Nah, but I still don't know what you see in him. His voice be sounding like a chain smoker."

I laughed so hard I spit my Diet Coke all over her seat cushions.

"Bitch those cushions cost me $75, you're gonna help me clean that up."

"Betttt"

We finally arrived at the theater and for a Monday night, it was packed.

"Your ugly ass 'bae' gonna be here in 10 minutes."

"Okay. What's playing tonight by the way?"

"I don't know, some old ass movie. I only came because they had good pizza."

I glared at her.

"What? And you of course."

I rolled my eyes and asked if she wanted anything at the concessions. Of course, she said pizza and a Sprite.

When I got over there I was surprised by the face I saw behind the counter.

"You have 2 jobs? You're only what? 17?"

"Yeah but I'll be 18 in a couple months. And nah, I only have one. Got fired from Waffle House because customers were intimated and scared because of my face tats and 'wild' hair."

"That sucks."

"Yeah. What can I get you?"

"Uh I'll take some cotton candy, cherry Diet Coke, Sprite, and 2 slices of pizza."

"Damn. You have a date?"

"Something like that. I'm with Nyla but I'm meeting Isaiah in like 5 minutes."

"Oh I got you. Have a nice time I guess. What's your name by the way?"

"Bianca."

"I'll remember that."

"I'll remember that"
Something about that gave me the chills, I don't know why. He's an acquaintance at most. It's wrong I think about him a lot.

-back at the car-

"Damn that took you like 10 minutes? I almost would have left your dumbass here. If it wasn't for-"

"Hey babygirl." Isaiah smirked

"Don't call me that yet." I mumbled.

"So there's a yet? Damn Ferrari you have me so excited."

I rolled my eyes. "Let's just watch the movie ok?"

-halfway through the movie-

"Aye Bianca, you've ever counted shoulders before? One.. Two... Three.." he then put his arm around me. "Four."

Nyla unwrapped his arm. "She may have, but I'm not gonna forget how shitty you and your little hoe made my sis feel."

"Jeez." He sighed.

"Hey guys I'm gonna go get a refill." I sighed.

"Want me to come with you?"

"Nah Isaiah im good."

I made my way over across the field again to the stands, only to see an elderly man talking shit to Jahseh.

"Your mom let you get those tattoos?"

"I'm 18, sir."

"You're not gonna find a wife with that hair."

"That's not my top priority at the moment. Again, what can I get you to eat?"

"You look like you do bad things with your hands. No way in Gods name will I ever eat food touched by you."

"You know what, fuck this. I've had enough of this shit. 4th time today." He then threw his work blazer and hat on the floor, and ran off.

"Jahseh wait!" I chase after him. "You're seriously quitting your job over that ignorant man?"

"Bianca, not just him. The three before him too, and not to mention the countless dirty looks I keep getting, young or old. If I can't be myself at a job, then I don't want one."

"Can't you resolve it with your boss?"

"My boss is a dick."

"I know we aren't close or anything but Jahs-"

He stopped me in the middle of my sentence and turned around and held down my shoulders. What the hell? "Listen, Bianca. I'm not from here. I don't act like I'm from here. I'm not good looking. I'm not smart. Im not you. I'm just me. I'm just gonna focus on my music. Fuck getting a shitty job. Let me handle this myself okay?" With that he walked off.

I walked over back to the car and noticed Nyla there, alone. "Hey Nyla, where's Isaiah?"

"Oh he said he was gonna go get some snacks. Speaking of that, where you been?"

"Jahseh just quit his job. I was just tried to calm him down."

"Oh okay. Y'all are getting close huh? Do you like him?"

"Not really and no, he's not my type."

"That's too bad. He seems chill."

I went to go find Isaiah at the concessions, but on the way there I saw him in the backseat of somebody's truck, making out with some girl.

This story is shitty lmaooo. More chapters soon❤️