chapter 21

shit i haven't been updating im so lazy and it hasn't been working, so I'm borrowing my sis's laptop sorry. Ill make the story extra good tho and I might include a bonus scene later on ;) hope that would make it up to yall😭💗

WORD COUNT: 1091

"Uh, hey." I sit up and wipe the tears off with my hand.

I looked at Nyla, who gives me a half smile. "I saw you run off, are you ok? You know Mr. Bernard will beat your ass if you go outside the 'designated area.'"

I chuckle. "Yeah. Jahseh just acted so fucking weird though. Remember last night? Now he's acting the complete opposite of that, and I don't know why." I shrugged.

I looked off into the busy streets, with cars and bikes racing from one end to the other, I saw the street lights hanging above the vendors who were trying desperately to sell a gimmick or product.

"You should talk to him."

"I tried." I sighed. "He just gave me attitude."

"Well, maybe it's about last night. Maybe he feels uncomfortable for acting weird, and is maybe just trying to push you away so he doesn't have to face you."

"Maybe you're right." I sat up, then shrugged, trying to act strong when inside I was scared and shaking. "I hope that's the case." I fake-smiled.

"You don't seem right, wanna go get something to eat? My treat." She pulled me into a hug.

"Sure." I smile.

-

We walk over to a nearby café and sit down at a table.

"What can I get you?" A lady with a light accent asks.

"I'll have a mocha latte and a Nutella crepé."
I smile.

Nyla flips through the paper menu. "I'll have 2 chocolate croissants, and a white chocolate cappuccino."

"You're getting your new boyfriend a snack?"

"Nah, he already has one." She blushes. "They are both mine."

The barista walks away with our order.

For the next 30 minutes we talked until her alarm went off signaling it was time to go back to the square.

We walked across the road and the beautiful paths in the sunlight, talking along the way. Her boyfriend led us inside so we can start the tour.

The museum was unlike I've ever seen before. I was surrounded by famous paintings and other artworks I've seen only in my art and history text books, it felt unreal, and I even got to see the most famous and spectacular one; the Mona Lisa.

As it was approaching 4pm we started to exit the gallery, and I even saw Jahseh. He was chatting with some girl, so I decided not to confront him. Nyla said I should wait until later, anyway.

Our teacher/chaperone suggested we hit this famous restaurant, but about a half or more of the group wanted to hit something local and authentic, not some tourist attraction. However, he overruled us, insisting he already made reservations months ahead and we had to eat there.

We were all seated at different tables, 4 each. The restaurant was lit up with large, warm, crystal chandeliers. It had red velvet walls and gold accents, with expensive burgundy carpet.

Me and Nyla rushes over to an empty table, before tables with 3 filled up meaning it would separate us.

Our table was also beautiful, made of what looked to be an expensive glass. It had an elegant golden vase with a single crimson rose, bursting with color and new life.

Before we knew it, Lila and Kylie, these 2 senior girls, sat down with us. They were known around school to be gossipy, and they were hard to tolerate. Nyla and I exchanged *that* look.

"Hey Nyla, Bianca." Kylie sat down her fake Chanel clutch. "How are you two this evening?"

"Uh, good, you?" I answered.

"Same." Nyla muttered.

That moment they then whispered to each other, then Lila laughed. "Tea!" She giggled.

"Did you two see Jahseh today? Him and Destiny are so cute! I thought he liked Reign, or even you Bianca! I guess he moved on." Lila shrugged.

A young, blonde waitress then came to our table. "Welcome to Goût de France. My name is  Marie and I'll be your server today! Is there anything I can get you four to start off with?"

We ordered and then she left.

"You guys are.. something else." Nyla rolled her eyes. "

They then whispered again and giggled.

The rest of the night was near horrific. They just kept laughing and whispering to each other about Jahseh. I had no idea why, either.  It's not like we hang out a lot that would raise any suspicion.

As we left the posh and elegant restaurant, I pulled out my phone to check the time. It was 7:05, meaning the night was getting old and coming to an end, leaving not much time left for me to talk to Jah.

Spitting him, I ran up to Jahseh before we boarded the bus back to our hotel.

I tapped him on the shoulder. I was either going to be kind or real with him, but judging how he completely blew me off today, I wasn't in the mood to act like he was all that.

I chose real.

"Jahseh, listen." I got in front of him and tried to get in his face so he couldn't pretend I wasn't there.

"I don't know what the fuck I did to make you blow me off like that, but just to let you know you can't do that to me and expect to get away with it."

"Bianca I-" He looked around, looking uncomfortable.

"No, not Bianca. Jahseh, im tired of your dumbass excuses. You can't be a bitch to people one minute and be all friendly and shit the next. You're either going to fuck with me or not from now on, you can't have both."

I don't think I've ever snapped on someone like that before. Not since, well, never mind.

"So?" I stared at him.

"Bianca, im sorry, okay, but I'm not just anybody, I go through shit, too. Last night made me feel really awkward and if I was sober I would never, i repeat ever, do something like that. And sometimes, I hate to say it, but you're kind of clingy. So maybe we should just take a break for at least the rest of the trip, okay?" He then pushed past me and walked off, entering the dark bus, leaving me frozen in awe.

This made me so mad typing this but I promise I'll make up for it😒👀