-Chapter 3-

Only 2 more days

Only 2 more days...

You woke up rather late today, glancing at your clock you saw it was already about 11:30am.

"Bot! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

You asked your household AI.

"My apologies. I thought you needed the rest"

"Whatever." You grumbled to yourself as you went downstairs and ordered the stove to start cooking breakfast. As you walked into your living room, you saw that maid bot had already cleaned up your plates from yesterday.

Looking at your phone, you were going to check your messages, but not before getting a notification telling you that your phone was only at 4%.

"Bot, can you charge my phone for me?"

"Of course master."

You plugged your phone into the outlet and waited the whole 30 seconds for it to charge.

"I swear it takes forever, maybe I should upgrade my charger" you mumbled to yourself.

Now that you were at 100%, you could check your messages. None from Elly. But you did get an email from B.Y.T.E Inc.

[New notification from B.Y.T.E. Inc.]

[Estimated delivery for your android has been updated!]

You continued scrolling through all the boring shit when you finally got to the actual message.

[New delivery date: September 24th- 11pm at the latest]

Shit, that's today!

You already knew trying to cancel the order was no use. So you didn't bother trying this time.

"Master, your heart rate and blood pressure have increased significantly. Are you alright?"

"Yes Bot I'm fine."

"Is there anything you'd like to tell me?"

"No...why?" You cocked an eyebrow at his strange question.

"You see, the home system got a notification early this morning at 5:33am exactly. It read: New delivery will be arriving earlier than previously anticipated"

"Oh...yeah. I- well, someone else kinda ordered something for me."

"I see, the package was from B.Y.T E Inc. Although I couldn't look any further due to my limited permissions."

"Yeah, alright."

Maybe it has a power button! Yes! You don't even have to turn it on!