5

UNEDITED

"Put your signature below your name Miss." The registrar voice brought her back to her senses.

She looked around, finding both her parents and Dai Maa, standing right behind her with calm and hopeful expression, where as her best friend Venya was looking anxiously at her. Her supposed husband along with his best friend and his Dadu (paternal grandfather) was standing next to him.

She was still not able to believe that, she has been married to this man in a traditional ceremony. Only thing left to do was sign this paper and she'll belong to him legally, all her escape route will be closed.

She was glad all of them had agreed for a small ceremony and then a court marriage; all in one day. Even though, the marriage ceremony was a closed affair. Yet, she was forced to dress up as a bride, wearing a deep red Banarsi sari, heavy kundan neck piece reaching up to her cleavage, covering her entire neck, along with a small mangalsutr, gold and red glass bangles, anklets and a small mang tika on my forehead somewhat covering the kumkum filled by him in her hair partition as a symbol of their marriage. This day was supposed to bring happiness in a girl's life but in her case it turned out to be completely opposite.

She was still lost in her thoughts when the registrar called her name again to gain her attention, handing out his pen for her, to sign the papers.

She took a deep breath, lifted her hand to take the pen from his, making her bangles clink due to the hand movement as if in a warning. But she couldn't heed to it and quickly put down her signature, all this while her bangles were whining in protest with their clinking.

They quickly finished all the legalities and moved towards her house for the lunch and then she will have to leave her house for as long as the devil Chauhan wants her to stay as his wife.

Luckily for her, she didn't have to share the car with him. But wasn't sure for how long she can avoid him.

They reached her home followed by his family. She quickly rushed to her room, without waiting for anybody else. She just need a minute alone,to gather her wits. She quietly sat down on her bed, taking deep breaths.

Now, that the wedding is over, he was her legally wedded husband and her over active brain started running towards the dreaded wedding night.

Oh God what am I going to do.

All of a sudden a light bulb goes on in her mind. Her Dai Maa takes sleeping pills before going to bed and she decided the best option for now is to steal couple of them and add in his drink before going to bed.

With an evil grin she jumped off the bed rushed towards Dai Maa's room, but was stopped by her innocent mature best friend, Venya.

"What has happened Yukti? why are you in such a rush? Is everything all right?" She bombarded questions after questions at her in concern. She just waved her hand at her worry.

"Don't worry. Nothing has happened. Just wait for me in my room. I'll be back in a minute." She rushed off.

"But-" before Venya could say anything further, she walked off from there, with a single aim in my mind, to get hold of the pills.

She took out two pills and covered them in a tissue paper. Just to be on a safe side.

she came back to her room, just to find an overtly worried Venya. She walked up to her and gave her a tight hug.

When they both pulled back, tears glistening in there eyes.

"Hey! Stop making me cry." She whined, making Venya chuckle at her face.

"Okay. Now, just check the room once again if you want. But we have to go down, everyone is waiting for you to have lunch."

She took a deep breath and nodded her head in understanding. There is no point in delaying the inevitable. She gave one last longing look laround her room, where she've spent her entire lifetime. All the Memories started running through her eyes in a flashback, the good and the bad times that this room has witnessed her going through, over the years. Running her eyes around the room her eyes rested on Venya, who was patiently waiting for her at the entrance of the room. Sanyukta tried to give her a weak smile and Venya smiled back at her attempt.

Without sharing a word they walked down to the dinning the area. There wasn't much that they could have discussed at this point. Venya was the only one who can understand what she was going through. They entered the dining room, found that everyone was already seated and were waiting for them.

There were only two seats which were empty, one next to Dai Maa and another next to her Devil Chauhan, before she could make my towards Dai Maa, Venya beat her to it and quickly sat down.

She realised that Venya must have gauged her intention.

Everyone was looking at her still standing form expectantly with smiles on their faces, as if this marriage was not forced, leaving her no other choice, but to take the seat next to the Devil Chauhan. Muttering under her breath she gingerly took the seat next to him.

Through out this day she has managed to blocked his existence completely. She didn't even spare him a look. But now sitting next to his looming presence she felt dwarfed.

Why did he had to be so tall and over bearing. She thought.

Seeing that everyone was present and settled down, his Dadu asked everyone to start the meal, as he was the only elder from both there sides.

Abhimanyu's parents passed away when he was a kid, which made her feel sad for him, but only for a moment. Where as on her side, her grandparents were never part of there life as her parents eloped.

She was  toying with her food on the plate, her appetite has left her, ever since she heard that she'll be getting married to  her arch-enemy.

Lunch was a quite affair, everyone was in somber mood. There was no joy, no celebration of tying the knot, thinking this make her snort and unfortunately it brought the attention of her so-called husband towards her.

"Stop playing with your food and making childish sound. Eat if you want or leave the plate alone." He whispered harshly.

Making her eyes bulge out in disbelief, the audacity of this man. Instead of being  sympathetic towards her, he is sitting like a king and criticizing her. But why would he sympathies, as he is the one responsible for the situation that she is in right now.

But this has brought her back from her somber mood and reignited the fire back in her. Making her finger tightly fist around the pills which she has stolen from Dai Maa's room.

Just wait for a while Devil Chauhan I promise you I'll make your life hell and in just few days you'll ask for a divorce.

Giving him a side glance she grinned evilly, and thought enjoy your time now devil because you won't be able to do so from now on.

Satisfied with her thought, she picked up the spoon and started eating, because now she'll need the energy to fight him.

***********************************

If you liked the chapter Please do vote, comment and share