7

The day has come to an end after performing lots of rituals, teasing and laughing. She didn't felt even for a moment that this was a forced marriage; it all felt real, everyone was really warm and welcoming, which she truly didn't expect. What she really didn't get was why on earth the Devil blackmailed her father for marrying. This was one puzzle which she wasn't interested in solving right now.

All his cousins have surrounded her in a corner, giggling and gossiping about all their relatives. This was something which she had never experienced in her life and she was thoroughly enjoying these new emotions of belongingness. At least one good thing came out of this situation, she could live her fantasy life of living with a big family.

Dadu came and asked one of Abhimanyu's cousin to take her to his room for rest. The girl was really sweet but no matter how hard she tried, she didn't remember her name and how could she, when throughout the evening she had been introduced to new faces with new names, after a while it all became blur for her.

She quietly stood up and started following her to the devil's lair. His room was up stairs, at the right end of the corridor. She opened the door and motioned Sanyukta to enter first, giving her sly smile. Sanyukta took no note of it and entered the room ready to collapse on the bed after such a tiring day, draining her mentally and physically. But she came to a halt, now she understood the reason behind his cousins's sly smiles.

The room was big with a huge four poster bed sitting right in the middle of it, decorated with flowers, covering it from all sides, the room smelled of roses and vanilla essence, thanks to the candles lit all around the bed. It was a view right out of the magazines, for the celebration of wedding night.

She could feel her palms sweating, heartbeat getting erratic. Oh God! What am I going do now? She bemoaned to herself.

The cousin cleared her throat to get Sanyukta's attention.

"Bhabhi (Brother's Wife), I'll leave now and send Bhai (Elder Brother). If you need anything do let me know." She said sweetly.

Sanyukta was about to thank her and contemplate how to overcome this misery, when all of a sudden she remembered her plan to escape from devil's clutches,for at least this night.

"If you don't mind can I have a glass of milk, I am having a bit of headache." She requested sweetly with honey dripping from her words.

His cousin nodded her head and left Sanyukta to get the milk, making  smirk in victory.

Now there is no saving for you from me Mr. Devil Chauhan.

She rubbed my hands in glee and explored the room. His room was just like his personality plain and boring, with no colours to bring life into it.

Well, I guess we'll have to change it. She thought to herself.

There was an attached bathroom and a huge walk-in closet as well.

After exploring the room to her heart's content, she flopped down on the bed, waiting for her glass of milk.

She heard a tentative knock on the door and called to the person to enter. The same girl came with her life saviour glass of milk. Sanyukta took it from her hand and thanked her profusely.

The moment his cousin left, she quickly took out the pills from the folds of tissue paper which she had been carrying around with her since lunch.

She dropped them into the milk and waited for it to dissolve quickly before the Devil enters his lair.

Once they were dissolved she carefully swirled the milk in the glass and kept it on the side table. Now all she had to do was wait for the Devil. And she didn't have to wait for long.

Fifteen minutes later or so, he entered the room with his devilish aura like a king of this universe. Why did he have to be such a good looking specimen. She pouted.

He was rocking his navy blue formal suit, completely drool worthy.

"Good you are awake. Don't let the downstairs treatment get to your head. They are here only for few days and then everything will be as per my rules." He rudely brought her back to earth, thankfully. Because all his beauty is on exterior, in reality he is a true devil.

She could have answered him back, but, right now her motto is to get him drink the milk.

She nodded her head politely, stood up and walked up to the side table to get the milk concocted by her.

She got the glass with a serene smile and an innocent look on her face.

"Here have the milk." She said meekly.

"I don't want milk. Keep it or drink it."

"I am not giving it to you. Dadu asked me to give it you and tell you that it's a very important ritual of the family. If you are going to deny it, then I am to tell him about it." She fibbed. 

No matter what he'll have it one way or the other. And she knew Dadu is his weakness luckily, after witnessing him perform all the rituals quietly. He won't deny his Dadu. Secretly, she believed that he is a bit scared of him.

He gave her a glare, snatched the milk out of her hand and had it in one go. Making her let out a breath of relief.

Phew! Mission successful.

After finishing the milk, he kept the glass on the table, sat down on the bed and looked up at her, maintaining direct eye contact.

His intense look sent down a shiver on her back, making her fidget with her fingers.

"Now that all the rituals are out of the way. Let me tell you some rules which you have to follow." His words made her frown.

What are we, in school? Rules my foot.

"I let you do whatever you wanted to do today. Understanding that this day might be a bit difficult for you. But don't you dare forget the conditions of this marriage." His words brought back all her anger and frustration in gusto. He is right, how can she forget all the anger, frustration and helplessness that had  been through because of this man. Just because for a while she got to feel, what's it's like to have a family, how does it feel to have a sense of belonging.

**********************************

Guys are you even liking the story or is it getting too boring. Should I stop writing this story.

Do let me know how do you feel.