10

The only thing that came to her mind was to escape as soon as she possibly could.

"Dadu has asked you to hurry up and join everyone for the breakfast." She told him in a rush and took off from there as if she was followed by the hellions .

She took a breath only when she reached downstairs. But the devil's cousins were there to trouble her.

"Bhabhi (Brother's wife) is everything all right? You seem to be in a great rush and your cheeks are like beetroot." One of the cousin said and every one else joined her by laughing and hooting.

She cleared my throat and said with a sickly sweet smile, while on the inside she just wanted to bash everyone up. "Yes. Everything is fine, I was just in a hurry to serve the sweet, nothing else, if you all can excuse me." She looked at them expectantly to give her the way, so that she can escape to the kitchen.

"Sure...." One of them streched the word and others moved away from her way. But she could hear there giggle and laughter following her.

With the help of servants she started setting up the breakfast table, this was something which she used to miss in her home. All this teasing, fun filled family affair, where everyone was enjoying and eating together like one big family.

At last, she came with her handmade Kheer filled out in small bowls. She saw that her Devil Chauhan was sitting with Dadu and everyone else had also taken their seats on the table.

"Bhabhi you also join us, rest all will be done by the servants." The girl who saved her life last night - Metaphorically- said. Bringing the Devil's eyes on her, shooting fire. Oh boy! It seems as if I am going to be in big trouble. Maybe I shouldn't have used the pills.

She masked her fear and glared back at him, trying to show him that she won't be intimidated by him.

There glaring contest was broken by Dadu when he asked her to join for the breakfast and made her sit next to the Devil. She politely smiled at everyone and started having her breakfast. When all of a sudden Devil started having a coughing fit, making her feel proud of herself.

"Are you all right? Do you want to have some water?" She asked with fake concern, after all everyone's eyes were resting on them.

He gave her a look to kill and bit out a harshly 'No' and started eating his super spicy aloo pratha made by her, especially for him. She was a bit concerned for him as she had put atleast ten green chillies in his aloo pratha for her revenge, but she never thought that the Devil will eat it. She expected him to eat something else, but no he had to prove her wrong on every turn and on top of that, this guy didn't even take a sip of water. She concluded that he will always be one step ahead of her. And nobody had asked him to finish it. She started having her breakfast half-heartedly, this victory felt a bit vain to her, as she had  never wanted to physically hurt anyone, not even this Devil Chauhan.

She could feel his piercing glare on her from time to time, making her gulp in fear. Because she was sure of one thing, that he's going to retaliate by the looks he had been giving of her throughout the breakfast. She should had listened to her mother's advice - that never poke a lion if you are not prepared for the consequences.

After the breakfast, came the turn of  sweet dish made by her for this special ritual, everybody relished it with delight making her beam with happiness. She got a lot of compliments and gifts from all the family members, except from her husband, as he was hesitant to taste, making her smile from ear to ear, after all she might be the first one to instill a bit of fear in him. But poor thing didn't know that she wasn't going spoil something that she had cooked for the ritual; just to teaching him a lesson.

Dadu has become her champion, unknowingly he has helped her the most so far. He had asked the devil to taste it when he found him playing around with his spoon in it. She could see him gulp a bit in fear and gingerly took a very small bite, expecting the worst. But a look of surprise took over his sotic face and he went for a big spoonful, when Dadu asked him about the taste he had to forcefully utter a simple good. But she knew that the Devil relished it wholeheartedly, making her guilt lessen for adding the chillies in his paratha.

After the breakfast, servants cleared the table but everyone remained seated, still talking and reminiscing their childhood stories. She was simply enjoying these stories, because she had none to share with; a small part of her was reliving her childhood listening to there stories. When one of the aunt broke the conversation by asking devil Chauhan "Abhimanyu at what time will you be taking Sanyukta to her parents place for the ritual?" She too looked at him for the answer making her feel a bit happy, as per the ritual, groom will take the bride to her home next day after their wedding.

"She won't be going to her home for a while." He said in a no nonsense tone and left from there. Making her eyes brim with tears, Dadu too didn't meet her eyes, and she could see that everyone was feeling sorry for her, and it turned her tears  into fire, she excused herself and rushed after him not wanting to have anyone's sympathy. Now the devil will have to face her wrath, for humiliating her infront of anyone.

She hurriedly climb up the stairs and opened the door of the room with such a force that it banged against the wall, making the devil startle and faced towards her.

"What is wrong with you?" He shouted out loud, finding her standing there like a angry bull.