11

"What is wrong with me?" She asked incredulously. "What wrong with you? So far I've been quiet, it doesn't mean that I am an idiot and will do whatever you want." She all but screamed at him, letting out her frustration for the first time, since the debacle of their marriage has started.

He gave her a furious glare, took long stride towards her, pulling her forward with one hand, while shutting the door with another, then he pushed her again it. He left her arm, and slapped both of his on the door, caging her between his arms,against his body , bring his face so close to her that there nose was touching.

"Don't throw a tantrum like a child. I am not going to entertain it. If you've got an issue come and talk about it like a normal human being, not a banshee on a wild spree. And one more thing if I'vent said anything so far it doesn't mean that you forget your circumstances. Don't forget why you've married me. Or do you want me to remind you again by taking action against your parents?" He bit out harshly.

She couldn't blink her eye even for a second, she took a visible gulp. How can she act so foolish? How can she forget that she was dealing with the bloody mafia?

He slapped his hand on the door making her jerk out of her thoughts.

"Am I clear?" He bit out.

She could do nothing but nod her head in agreement. She knew better than to poke the angry bear.

"Good. Now as to meeting your parents. They're coming here for lunch, the reason why you won't be going to your old home. So next time you want to act like a banshee, think long and hard." She gaped at him. Couldn't he have told this before, before making her loose her temper.

"Sorry. But you could have told me this before like a normal human and we could have avoided all this unpleasantness."

"Yeah! Just like you told me before slipping those sleeping pills in my so-called traditional glass of milk." He raised his brow in question.

"What are you talking about? I don't have any idea about the pills. Dadu just told me to give you the milk and I gave it you." She shrugged innocently. But internally she was shaking with fear, if the Devil Chauhan came to know the truth, she'll be so dead. So she decided to stick to her game.

"Really? Dadu asked you?" She blinked her eyes like an innocent kitten. He just shook his head at her incredulously.

"One more thing, whenever you want to throw a tantrum or act like a child, do it within the four walls of our room. For the world we are one happy couple.Have I made my self clear?" She gaped at him.

"I made a scene in front of everyone?" She asked incredulously. He gave her a hard look.

"Oh! I am so sorry for banging the door against the wall, screaming like a fisherman's wife." He replied sarcastically.

"Okay. I might have been a bit harsh but it was your fault for making me loose my temper. Anyways I'll keep it mind next time" She said timidly because she knew that she was at fault here and moreover there was no point in prodding him further.

"I am letting it go for now. But don't think for one second that you can fool me. Just remember one thing don't step out of this house without my permission or you wouldn't like the consequences you and your family will face. Have I made myself clear?" She immediately nodded her head just to save herself from the devil's wrath.

"Good girl." Saying this he pulled himself back making her breathe out in relief that she had been saved at least for now. But she won't abide by his so-called rule even for a single second.

They both looked at each other trying to dominate with their eyes, neither one of them was ready to let go,it turned into the battle of their wills. They didn't even bother about the persistent knock on the door, both of them were stubborn to their core.

"Are you ready to come out from your room today or shall I send you both straight away for your honeymoon?" The gruff voice of Dadu startle them out of their staring match. They gave each other a hard glare and rushed to open the door.

Dadu laughed out when he saw them trying to out run the other.

"Aren't you eager to go for a honeymoon yet?" He teased making Sanyukta's cheek turn crimson.

Abhimanyu cleared his throat making Dadu look at him.

"If you are done joking around can you please tell us why you bothered to climb up the stairs when you know that you aren't allowed to." He crossed his hand across his chest making Dadu look sheepishly at him.

Sanyukta couldn't believe the audacity of him, he didn't even spare the sweet Dadu from his arrogant behavior. He truly is the Devil.

"It's not my fault you weren't ready ready to open the door when I've sent the servants to call. I didn't have any option left but climb up the stairs." Dadu shrugged as if it was no fault of his.

"And may I know as to what was so important that you couldn't wait for us to come downstairs?"

Dadu looked at Sanyukta and gave her a beaming smile.

"The reason behind me climbing up the stairs was to let you know that Sanyukta's parents have come and they are waiting for your majesty to join them." He exclaimed good naturedly. Making Abhimanyu shake his head at his grandfather, knowing how childish he can act sometimes and he enjoys teasing him every chance he gets, which are quiet rare.

But Abhimanyu was in for a surprise, what he didn't know was that his wife was even more childish than his beloved Dadu.

"My parents are here!" She all but shouted out excitedly. When Dadu nodded his head she rushed off leaving them standing in the hallway, to meet her parents.

"Great now I'll have to take care of two babies instead of one." He muttered, making his grandfather glare at him.

"Well are you going to stand here all day or will come downstairs with me to meet your in-laws?"

Abhimanyu just shook his head in frustration and followed his grandfather downstairs, preparing himself for the new drama created by his brand new wife.