Chapter 13

The car ride was long & you were sitting next to Negan not talking. He put the stereo on & a familiar song was playing. It was the song you once listened to in a car ride together, one which you sang along to & one which Negan took his eyes of the road to look at you like you were something special & you hadn't experienced that kind of thing before. You turned the Stereo off.
"Why did you take Daryl?"
"Because he's make a damn fine soldier working for me"
"You really think that he would ever bow down to you? Ha"
"Any man is breakable"
"Not Daryl."
"So what do you suggest?"
"Taking him back to Alexandria."
"Ha" he mimicked what you had previously replied.
"Not gonna happen so are you saying I should get Lucille out?"
"What no!"
"I'm just fucking with you, I'll break Daryl you don't need to worry sweetheart."

You & Negan got back to the sanctuary.
You were in his room & you were sitting in silence for a little while & then Negan finally spoke. " I was never going to hurt your brother."
"What? Why are you telling me this?"
"I don't know."

"Everything you do is for a reason Negan" you snarkily replied.
"Oh I get it, it's because of the deal, you knew I would never in a million years want to sleep with you willingly now so you did what you do best- you manipulated me"
There was more silence.

"I used to tell Lucaya about you, we had no children's books where I gave birth to her at the prison & uh I used to tell her stories about my life & you were always the hero & now I- it's like"

" we've all changed y/n."

"Yeah we don't have to though, we don't have to change who we are like you have done."

"Are you saying that you haven't changed?"

"No, i don't know"

" sometimes I feel like everything's changed & when I saw you & talked to you I was relieved almost, to know that you were still the same feisty person that i knew."

"Negan people don't have to change but you have, you aren't the same person that I knew- & I'm not the same person that you knew because a few years ago I wouldn't have hurt a fly but now I actually want my dad to kill you, I want you to hurt like you made me hurt like you made my family hurt & I sure as fucking hell want to be there to see it!" Tears we're rolling down your cheek.
He looked shocked, thinking of something to say.

"I may be Negan now but are you actually sure that you are?"

"I'm sure rick has changed too- he isn't the good guy here. I'm not the one who killed men in their sleep & I sure as shit am not the man who got his people into a fucked up situation because he didn't know when to stop. He was grabbing his dick with both hands & he LOST. It's his fault all those people are dead I may have killed your people but he got your people killed. So your dad can SUCK MY DICK!"

You realised he was right.

"& how many people have you killed Negan? How many pictures of mashed up heads do you have on your precious sanctuary walls?"

"Quite a fucking lot, but people are a resource I don't kill unless it's for the greater good"

"Really? Killing Glenn was for the greater good? Abraham? Killing every guy over the age of 10 in one group?"

"How the shit do you know about that?"
'Oh shit I've just shot myself in he foot & stabbed my friends in the back.'
You thought to yourself.

"One of the saviours told me" you lied.

"Did the saviour also tell you that that wasn't me & that was in fact Simon"

"Simon?"

There was a knock at the door & it opened.

"Talk of the devil"