Chapter 37

Unedited
Josh;

    "No, this wasn't supposed to happen." I cried out pushing Nate off of me. I fell to the ground and pulled Tyler onto my lap. "What did you do!" I screamed at Nate. I looked at Tyler's corpse. "I'm so sorry, Tyler." I whispered. "Josh, I'm sorry." Nate whispered. I glared at him. "He asked me to do it," He whispered, "he didn't want you to die. That's what he came to me about. He was willing to sacrifice him self just so you can live" I started crying again. "Tyler's sacrifice doesn't do anything, his dad is going to fucking murder me." I whispered. "Here, I'll take him. He wanted me to place his body near the lake. He told me to tell you, he wanted Brendon to hear it from you." He leaned down to take Tyler. I let him. I stood up and started making my sat back to Brandon's house.

  I knocked on the door. My heart was in my stomach. The door opened to reveal Brendon. "Since when have you knocked?" He asked. He then looked at my side. "Where is Tyler?" He asked. His eyes traveled to my hands then to my shirt. Which were both covered in blood, Tyler's blood. "Who was it- oh, hi Josh." I just looked at him. "Were is he?" Brendon repeated. I started to cry again. "When I was in the hospital Tyler and I made a deal that we would kill each other," I whispered, "we were supposed to do it today. He had other plans though. He had Nate pushed me before Tyler even had his claws out. I didn't want him to get hurt. I'm so sorry." To say Brendon looked pissed was an understatement, he looked livid. "You killed him." He whispered. "Brendon I d-" "Get off my porch, you are no longer welcome here." He said. I nodded slowly before running into the woods.

-a week later-

I climbed into his window. I was all out of tears. I looked around. Brendon left it like how it was the day Tyler had it. The bed was unmade, tylers desk was covered with papers, his desk chair was still right near the window. "Why." I whispered to myself. The room was lit up by the moon. I could still picture Tyler sitting at his desk writing, he never did show me that song, he never finished it. I walked over and sat down in his bed. I looked at the bed stand, the one he told me not to open last week. He told me unless it was important then I could. I slowly reached over and pulled open the drawer. Inside was an envelope with my name on it. I pulled it out and slowly opened it.

Josh,

    If you're reading this that means that my plain worked. I want to start off by saying I am so sorry. I am sorry I didn't get to say goodbye in person. I remembered something last night. It was when you shot me, I understand why you did you. You shouldn't feel guilty for that or this either. I wanted you to live, I didn't want you to die because of me. I love you. I did what I did because I love you, please don't forget that. When your done reading this I want you to open my laptop that's on my desk. This is my goodbye blue, I hope you can understand why I did what I did. I love you, blue.
                                              Love,
                                                        Tyler.

I walked over to the pile of papers and removed his laptop. When I open it, it went straight to a video. I prepared my self before hitting play.
"Hi Josh." Tyler's voice was sad. "I hope this is you watching this and not Brendon or Dallon, but I finished that song I was working on. I'm sorry I didn't play for you before what happened but um, here goes nothing." He started to play his ukulele."La da da da, la da da dau, la da da da, la da dau" I started to cry. I missed him. They never found the body after Nate took it. "La da da da, la da da dau, la da da da, la da dau" It was my fault. "We all are stranger creatures than when we all started out as kids" His voice sounded heavy, like he was trying not to cry. "Culture forbids" I watched as his eyes scaned the paper in front of him. "We have romantic fantasies about what dying truly is" I started to crying again, he always knew he was going to die. "Fall off the grid" There was a pause as he took a deep breath. "We live for the night's decor" I smiled as I watched Tyler flip the page quickly. "It reveals what we dream of" He then smiled. "I know there's someone at the door
They called for help, of this I'm sure
But do I want to say goodbye to all the glowing eyes" I looked at the screen with wide eyes. The day he tried to hang himself he whispered that to himself. "I'm holding on to what I know. And what I know, I must let go
But I would rather play a song for the eyes to sing along."

"Make them stop." His voice died out. Tears were coming out hard. "Oh shit you're back. I love you Josh." He said.  Then he blew a kiss at the screen before it went black. I sent it to my self before shutting the laptop and putting back to were it was. I walked to the window and took one last look around. I then jumped out the window.

----

  That's a rap, keep an eye out for the second book.  The publish date is Oct 5, so be ready