Princess of Terrasen

As Princess Nehemia Lyre Whitethorn Galathynius stalked through the halls of the High Lords home, she began thinking of Terrasen.
She had only been gone for 2 months, and she had no idea when she was going back. She missed her father, Rowan Whitethorn- King of Terrasen- and her mother, Aelin Ashryver Galathynius- the lost Queen of Terrasen.

Gods above, she should not have left Orynth that night. Maybe if she had listened Uncle Aedion that building wouldn't have burned down, and she would not be stuck here in an unfamiliar continent.

But no, she had to meet Seline, had to go to that bar. Gods, she missed Seline.

Seline Ashryver was her best friend, and her family. She was Uncle Aedions and Aunt Lysandras daughter and she had a soul like that of a living flame.
She had convinced Nehemia to go to that bar, for she had been cooped up in Orynth for so long, she forgot what it had felt like to have an adventure!

She missed that feeling. If only she had controlled her magic! Then she would not be here stuck with that Rhysand guy learning how to wield it.
And she wouldn't be stuck with that prissy heir, Adryan.

How Nehemia lothed him! Him and all of his stalkerish stares and odd behaviours.

When she arrived at her rooms, she threw herself onto the satin black sheets and let out a sigh. She wanted to go home, she wanted to see her family.
Nehemia turned to her abnormally large window. She could see all of Velaris from here and the Avery river that flowed through it.

She heard the beating wings of those Illyrian pricks, Cassian and Azriel, and her expression turned into one of sorrow.

How that noise reminded her of beating wings of Aunt Manon's wyvern or those flaps of her father, soaring high above the city in his White tailed hawk form.

The princess stood up, sat on the edge of the window and threw herself out of it.

The wind ripped at Nehemia's face and tangled into her long golden curls as she fell.
And fell.
And fell.

She had no intention of shifting till the last possible moment, so that she could feel the rush of adrenaline in her veins as she barely missed the jagged rocks below her.

And so she kept falling, keeping careful watch of the stone underneath her.

She heard people scream.

'Nehemia Galathynius is falling! She'll die if she hits the ground!'

Damn straight she was falling and she had no remorse for what she was doing.

A shadow quickly flew at her, and illyrian no doubt, but she couldn't figure out which one as the wind ripped at her eyes.

She saw the stone
70 meters from the ground
It's now or never Nehemia
50 meters
Shift, let them see who you really are
The shadow loomed closer
30
My name is Nehemia Lyre Whitethorn Galathynius
15
Princess of Terrasen
10
And I will not be afraid

With a bright flash of light, the young Princess shifted, taking her form of a golden dove.

The shadow reared back

Nehemia set about flapping her wings, and flew. She looked down at the stone.
3 yards away from the floor.

The princess of Terrasen took flight