Chapter 2 *Rewritten*

A/N - Quite a bit changed in this chapter.

A scream pierced through the silent Stark Tower.

Tony shot out of bed and ran down the hall to Madison's room.

Madison was lying on her side screaming.

Tony ran over to her and said, "Madison! Wake up!" Tony reached out and placed his hand on her arm.

The screaming stopped.

Madison opened her eyes and rolled over, seeing Tony kneeling on her bed. "Tony?"

"Hey, you were screaming".

Madison's eyes filled with tears. "I'm sorry", she said softly.

Tony scooped her up in his arms and sat down on the bed with her.

This was the nightly routine. They would go to bed, Madison would have a nightmare, and Tony would comfort her.

Tony laid down next to her and Madison curled up on his chest. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

Madison shook her head.

"Okay", Tony said, rubbing her back.

They were silent for a moment.

"I have nightmares too", Tony told her.

Madison looked up at him. "You do?"

"Yeah. So I know how you feel". Tony didn't tell her that he also had panic attacks.

"They're about Loki", Madison told him.

"What?"

"My dreams...nightmares. They're always about Loki".

"You should get some rest", Tony said, starting to get up.

Madison grabbed his shirt. "Please. Just stay with me".

"Only until you fall asleep, Katniss".

The next morning, Peter came over after breakfast.

Tony and Bruce were out of the Tower doing some work for Fury, leaving Madison alone.

"Are you okay?" he asked her.

"Hmm? Oh yeah. I'm fine".

Peter knew there was something wrong with her. She looked tired and pale and she was on her 4th cup of coffee since he got there.

"I...umm...didn't sleep well last night is all", she said.

Peter got up and walked over to her. "If something was wrong, you'd tell me right?"

Madison looked up into his brown eyes and smiled. "Of course". Madison leaned up and kissed him, Peter's hands coming up to hold her face.

"Ahem".

Madison spun around and saw her father standing there. "Daddy!" She ran into his arms and hugged him.

"Hey Baby Bird". Clint's eyes fell on Peter.

Madison let go of her father and said, "Daddy, this is Peter Parker. My boyfriend".

Peter smiled at the title.

"Well he's certainly an improvement on the last one", Clint muttered.

"Where's Natasha?" Madison asked.

"She got tied up with some stuff in DC, so she can't come this time".

"Oh..." Madison really wanted her surrogate mother to meet Peter.

"I'm sorry Baby Bird. You know she would come if she could", Clint said, brushing some hair behind her ear.

"I know. I just miss her is all".

"Well, I'm going to go get some rest". Clint pressed a kiss to his daughter's forehead and muttered, "Please behave".

Madison smacked her father on the chest as he smirked.

"Your dad is kind of scary", Peter told Madison that night.

Once Clint had rested, he spent the whole afternoon supervising them to make sure nothing happened.

"He's really not that bad. I think he likes you better than Steve".

"And why is that?"

"I think it has something to do with the fact that you're my age. I mean...Steve wasn't that much older than me. When we started dating, he was 24. Well physically anyway".

"Are you sure you're okay with us? I know you went through a rough break-up and all. I'd hate for you to think I'm pushing you into another relationship".

"You're amazing. You know that?" Madison said, pecking his lips.

Peter's hand gripped the back of her neck, pulling her in for another kiss.

"I wouldn't be with you if I didn't care for you deeply", Madison told him.

Peter smiled and leaned in again when there was a knock.

They looked up to find Clint leaning on the wall to the entrance of the hallway.

"Time for bed Madison", Clint told her, "It was nice to meet you Peter. Have a safe trip home".

"I'll see you later", Peter said and got up. He settled for kissing her forehead instead of her lips.

Madison watched him walk over to the elevator and get in.

He gave her a small wave as the doors closed.

"C'mon Baby Bird", Clint said.

Madison glared at her father as she walked to her bedroom. She once again went into her bathroom and swallowed her pills, but before going to bed.

Before going to bed, Madison went to her closet and pulled out one of Steve's shirts. She brought it to her nose and was surprised to find it still carried Steve's scent. Madison slipped it over her head and climbed in bed. She didn't have a nightmare that night.