~1~

*Emma's POV*

"Mom! I'm leaving" I yelled while heading toward the door of our little suburban apartment.

My mother grabbed my purse handing it too me and meeting me at the door. "Where are you going?".

"The library, where else would a straight A student go after school. It's not like I have a social life." I said as I walked out the door and shut it behind me.

It was really nice outside, hot in the sun but with a cool breeze. I was wearing my favorite shorts, they were blue jean shorts that were faded on the top of my thighs. Also, a Mayday Parade shirt, they were one of my favorite bands so I felt it only proper to wear their shirts.

I jumped onto my bike and started heading to the library. Most teenagers my age would leave the house to go party or drink but I'm not like most teenagers. Riding my bike was so freeing because it was soothing and the cool breeze running through my hair made it better. As turned the last corner to the library I slammed my feet on the ground to try and stop. Which didn't work and I was thrown off my bike and onto the hard concrete.

"Oh I'm so sorry, are you alright." I looked up to see a tall awkward boy reaching out his hand to help me up.

"Yeah I think I'm okay. " I replied. I grabbed his hand as he pulled me up.

I reached about up to his shoulder, he had eyes that were about as blue as the Arctic Ocean. His blue eyes meet my green ones and he says "I really am sorry, I'm Luke Hemmings. You're bleeding are you okay?".

"Hello Luke, I'm Emma. I should be fine just need a bandaid or something." I said. He was so cute, he had an awkward badboy look. He was wearing black skinny jeans ripped in both knees, and he had a lip piercing.

He looked down into my eyes obviously contemplating something, "How about this? I'll take you to my house and fix you up then, we'll um, maybe we could go get lunch or something?" He said his face getting a little pink around his cheeks.

"Sure that sounds good.". My knees were scraped up and my elbows were bleeding. He tore a bit off the bottom of his old holes tee shirt and tied it around my cuts.

"Well, sit here." He said tapping the handle bars, because my bike was no longer rideable.

"You want me to sit on your handle bars?" I asked.

He gave me a funny confused look, kinda like a puppy being told he can't rip up the couch. "Yeah why not?".

"Okay.." I said unsure. I stood infront of his bike he was already sitting on it.

"Can I help you?" He asked.

"Yeah.". He slipped his hands around my waist and picked me up and put me on his handle bars. Effortlessly.

"See? Easy.". He rode with ease, like I wasn't even there. Before I knew it we were at his house. I jumped off the front of his bike and he slowly got off and walked to the front door of a little suburban apartment like mine.