CHAPTER 12

Chapter 12

*Luke's POV*

The police came and picked her up and talked to is a little bit, Emma just turned 18 so she could stay alone. Her Aunt decided to move to stay with her though. I walked inside with Emma, her eyes red, her face stripped from all the tears. She sat down on the couch "Emma, this all happened really abruptly please explain." I exclaimed. She wiped the last couple tears from her face, "Okay, When I was really little my mom would drink a lot of alcohol or vodka or whatever she could use to ease her mind. She also would do drugs, she suffered from depression and anxiety. When I was really little she got arrested for drug abuse, she was in jail for I don't know maybe 3-4 years. It was just me and My dad at home, at times I feel like my dad never loved me. He would leave the house in the middle of the night and abandon me, sure he would come back about noon the next day but he left once a week. When my mom finally came back she was pretty normal, she stopped drinking for most of my childhood. Until I turned 12 that was the worst night of my life. It was my birthday. My mom and dad got into a screaming match and my dad left. My mom started screaming and throwing vases and plates and breaking everything. That night she drank and drank and drank. I tried to go to bed, but couldn't sleep, about 2 in the morning it got really quiet. I came out of my room to find my mom passed out on the couch with a empty pill bottle next to her. I had seen people die like this in the movies so I called the cops and they flushed her system. That was her first attempt. My dad came home when the cops got there. She then went to a mental hospital for about 1 year. When she came back I had just turned 13 she kept drinking and had nights where my dad walked out. But we held this family together, it wasn't until I was 16 that she tried agian. I was out with some friends, and I came home to all the lights off and silence. I thought she wasn't home so I went upstairs to wash up and go to bed. And I open the bathroom door and find the tile covered In a thin layer of blood. She cut her wrists, not deep enough. Again I called the cops and they came and she stayed at a mental hospital again for about two years until she got home. About a year ago. My dad started walking out more and for longer, until he walked out a couple days ago. Here I am, No dad. 19 and attempt there, she succeeded. Now I have no mom."the end faded off she started crying again. I picked her up and pulled her into my lap and held her. "You will always have me. I'm not going anywhere." I whispered. "Promise?" She whimpered. "Promise.".