|Kanari Takeyama: Origin|

Kanari's POV

I looked down the long hallways of my once called home. The feint scent of blood was left lingering in the air. The sun was beaming through the large windows, their warmth spread over my small body. I ran until my little legs started to burn. As I arrived in the living room, all I saw was a tall man in a suit before the darkness took over and I passed out.

The next day, I woke up to bright, white light shining down on me as I sat upright. I looked around the room, noticing I was in a hospital. Suddenly, the room door opens, revealing a lady with purple hair and a revealing outfit.

She came up to, wearing a bright, kind smile. She took my hand in hers and rubbed comforting circles on the back.

"Hey sweetie, um-well. Your parents um-." She sounded like she was having trouble with her words, so I finished it for her.

"They're dead." I say and she looks a little taken a back.

"Yes. They are. I'm so sorry honey." She says, walking out of the room, gently closing the door behind her.

I look down at my hands folded in my lap. I feel  hot, fresh tears fall down my cheeks, my vision blurs until I can't see anything.

'I can't believe they're really gone.' I think to my self as I ball my fists. I remember the man in the suit. Who is he?

1 month later...

Although a month seems like a small amount of time, so many things can happen. I was released from the hospital. The grown ups, or heroes, present didn't know what to do with me. For weeks they discussed who would look after me. In those weeks, I read many articles on heroes, and events surrounding them. I grew to-not hate them-but disagree with them.

Even if someone's in extreme trouble, someone without a hero license can't use their quirks to save a person in danger. You can get arrested for acting with your quirk, even if you arrested one of the most infamous criminals in Japan!
So, I ran away. These heroes weren't real heroes to me. They talked about me becoming a hero. How strong my quirk was, but I didn't want any of that.

I lived on the streets, begging for food and money. This went on for months, until a man named Knuckleduster cane into my life. He was a self proclaimed Vigilante. He found me a home and taught me the "ways of the streets."

I live in an abandoned warehouse. I've cleaned it up, stealing blankets from dumpsters and using them as a bed. I get food from pitied restaurants. I've somehow survived.

I'm now 15 years old. I still live in the warehouse, but I've cleaned it up more, made it a lot more "homey." I'm also now an official Vigilante. I've made friends with Pop Step, Knuckle Duster, and newly a boy named The Crawler.

We're all Vigilantes and are on the hunt for a drug that can strengthen a persons quirk, almost instantly making them a super villain.

This is were our story begins...

~✍️♥️~