|An encounter of green|

The rain continued into the next day, seeming interminable

The rain continued into the next day, seeming interminable. The rain pounded on the steel roof of my home, waking me up from my deep sleep.

"What the hell?" I ask in confusion. Suddenly I hear someone humming.

Immediately, I grab my pocket knife, standing up. I 'unsheathe' it, trying to find the source of the humming. Finally, I narrow my search to my lovely 'bathroom'...I guess you could say.

Kicking the door open, I hear the shriek of a girl, I shakily look down to see...

"Pop step?" I ask and she nods.

"Hey! Kochi wouldn't let me in his apartment because he was still sleeping.....soooooooooo I came here! Surprise!" She says innocently.

"Yea. Surprise surprise. Just let me know when you're gonna 'surprise' me with the feeling of 'I'm about to get murdered.'" I say sarcastically, strolling back to my blankets and cuddling back into their warmth.

"You do know it's 6:30am. Don't you like have school?" She asks and I scoff.

"I don't go to school. D'ya know how fast I would be found? It's not even funny." I say without even looking at her.

"When are you actually gonna make friends other than people who are older than you?" She asks, fixing her hair

"Me? The antisocial person I am, not to mention a wanted Vigilante? Yea right." I say, plugging my ears, trying to drown out the noise of her voice and fall back asleep.

"Whatever. Thanks by the way! Byeee Kanari~!" She says, skipping out of the bathroom and out the door.

"Finally some piece and-!" I say but am interrupted by police sirens.

"This early in the morning? Who's crazy enough to commit a crime this early?" I ask myself.

Knowing I'll never get back to sleep, even if I tried, I rolled out of my old blankets and stood up, tying my long, black hair in a messy bun. I slip on my usual 'vigilante attire' and set out to the alleyways of Mustafu, waiting for any crime to happen.

As I walk through the dark and musty allies, I get a call

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey. I'm dropping off the beer now. I'll bring a TV some day." Knuckleduster says through the phones speaker.

"Alright Mr. Knuckle. Bye." I say, hanging up. I fish in my hoodie pocket, pulling out white earbuds. I pop them in my ears and plug them into my phone, jamming to my toons.

I walk until I reach one of my least favorite places in Japan. UA High. All the heroes and wannabes go there. Or chumps in my book.

I scoff, walking away from the damned school when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I visibly stiffen and quickly turn around, gripping the hand's wrist firmly.

"Ow." I hear the owner squeak and I instantly let go.

"Sorry." I mumble, about to walk away before he calls out to me.

"Do you go here? You look my age." He says trails off quietly. I completely turn around, observing his features.

He has round, forest green eyes and a bush of wild, curly green hair on top of his head. He has four symmetrical freckles on each cheek, along with a hint of pink dusting them.

"Um. No I don't. I don't desire to be a hero-"
I say but am cut off.

"Really?! Why not-?" He tries to argue but a friend calls him.

"Dekuuuu! Cmon we're gonna be late!" A girl with brown short hair says, waving the boy over.

"Oh! Um I'm Izuku Midoriya." He says sticking out his hand for me to shake.

I stare it quizzically. Should I say my real name?..

....Yea let's scare Yamada and Aizawa.

"Kanari." I say, shaking his hand, and watching him walk away.

As I head in my direction, I over hear a bit of their conversation, now joined by a blue haired boy.

"Aren't you excited to go to the USJ tomorrow?!" The girl yells and the boys laugh, agreeing with her.

"Hm? USJ huh? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. What are you thinking Shota Aizawa?" I say, walking back to my humble abode of nothing.

Aizawa POV

I look down at the card I was given a couple nights ago. It read:

Blackout here!
If youre ever in a tight spot and need my help give me a call! 800-564-7352(idk lol)

I scoff at the note.

"Why would I ever call her of all people to help me? I'll never need this." I say, throwing it lazily in my desk.

Who knew I'd need it sooner than I thought...

~✍️♥️~