Sleep on the Couch

POV: Karson

I can tell Sunshine was getting annoyed with having to turn down so many drinks, because it's obvious that someone spiked them. The only thing that is safe to drink at this point are the unopened water bottles.

"Karson! What's up?" A very drunk Riley took wobbly strides in my direction.

"You're drunk as fuck when you promised no alcohol." I glared at her.

"Oh jeez Officer Karson. Sorry I forgot about your purity." Riley rolled her eyes before eyeing Sunshine like her next meal. She gets very horny when she's drunk and will fuck anything.

"Go fuck with someone else Riles." I growled lowly at her so she got the point.

"Sharing is caring!" Riley chirped as she wobbled to the other side of the gym.

"Fuck off!" I yelled at her before turning around to see a very uncomfortable Sunshine as she hid behind me and held onto my hand for dear life. "Let's go back to the apartment. We've been here long enough." I spoke directly in her ear so she could hear me before kissing her temple.

"You'll get in trouble though." Sunshine looked up at me with fear filled, yet caring, eyes.

"They're too drunk to notice their own hands in front of their faces right now, Sunshine. Let's just go, because if I'm being honest I don't even like this situation and I most definitely don't want you to be in this whole ordeal." I gestured my free hand to the large group of girls grinding on each other, most of them shirtless.

Sunshine simply nodded and then followed me closely.

"We're heading back to our room. Too much shit going on." I yelled over the music to Coach Weeks.

She gave me a thumbs up and I continued walking with Sunshine right next to me.

"I love you." I kissed her forehead as we walked down the empty hallway.

"I love you too." Sunshine smiled up at me. "Except the fact that you're tall and I can't kiss you on the lips whenever I want to." She let out a frustrated sigh.

"Let me know when you want to kiss me and I won't tease you about you being short or anything. I'll just pick you up to my level." I shrugged with a genuine smile.

"I'm too heavy for you to pick up." Sunshine looked at her feet.

"What did you just say?" I stopped us in the middle of the empty hallway.

"I'm too heavy." She shrugged before starting to walk again.

"You will never be too heavy for me to carry!" I yelled victoriously as I scooped her up and ran to our dorm with her securely in my arms.

She was a giggling mess, her mind completely turned away from the thought of her even being the slightest bit overweight. Sunshine is like a twig. She can eat for days straight and still not gain any weight.

Once I got to our dorm I held her over my shoulder with on arm and unlocked the door with the other. I made sure to lock it behind us.

"I'm going to hurt your shoulder if you continue to carry me and you have your MMA tournament starting in two days." Sunshine mumbled.

"Sunshine, you will never, and I mean ever, be too heavy for me to carry. You are honestly so light that it worries me at times." I responded honestly as I set her on her feet so I could look her in the eyes.

"You mean so heavy." She looked at her feet.

I lifted her chin up with my index finger. "No, I meant what I said. Take a shower and then we'll go to bed Sunshine." I kissed her forehead.

"I'd offer for you to shower with me, but I really need to get the smell of alcohol off of me." She sighed and kissed my shoulder.

"Just go shower. I can take a shower after you." I ushered her into the bathroom after letting her get some clean clothes which consisted of one of my shirts and a pair of underwear.

"Karson, can you get me one of your sweatshirts?" Sunshine asked in a very soft tone as she stepped out of the bathroom shivering.

I nodded my head as I got up and ran to the closet right next to the front door and grabbed my softball one before running back into Sunshine's room to hand her my sweatshirt.

"Thank you." Sunshine giggled at my quick actions.

"No problem, Sunshine." I kissed her forehead as soon as she got her head through the sweatshirt which earned a giggle from her. I can't get enough of her.

—————————————————————

"Babe, I'm not going to lose. I'll be okay. I promise." I chuckled as Sunshine looked up at me with worry in her eyes.

"You don't know that." Sunshine whimpered and wrapped her arms around me. "The only thing I like about this is I get to see you in a sports bra and tight short shorts."

"That was smooth." I threw my head back and laughed as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Well, when you sweat your abs get all shinny." She giggled.

"I'll keep that in mind." I chuckled. "Any pep talk?" I raised a brow.

"If you lose you're sleeping on the couch. I don't share beds with losers." Sunshine giggled at my reaction.

"If I win I am going to be doing more than sharing a bed with you." I shook my head and kissed her lips one last time before I had to go to the side of the cage I would be fighting in.

"I love you!" Sunshine yelled before I got too far away.

"I love you too, Sunshine!" I smiled brightly.

"You are so whipped." My MMA coach laughed as I trotted up to her.

I shrugged with a smile. "Won't deny it."

"I thought she hates watching you fight?" My coach raised a brow.

"I promised her I'd do my best if she came. She responded with if I lose I am sleeping on the couch." I sighed as I put my hands on my hips.

"Don't you have your own bed?" My coach chuckled in a confused manner.

"No, my room is now a storage/office/Karson-leave-me-alone room." The smile on my face almost disappeared, but then I looked back over at Sunshine who was sitting in her front row chair right next to where my coach will be standing once I get in the ring.

My coach laughed before giving me a rundown of what the girl's fight patterns I'm about to face are.

I am not about to sleep on the couch. It is hard and the springs are popping out of it. I also want to do more than share a bed with my Sunshine if you know what I mean.